Author Topic: Mega Man: The Wily Wars save problem (Mega Drive)  (Read 3986 times)

Offline Pityesz

• Ultimate Knight
Mega Man: The Wily Wars save problem (Mega Drive)
« on: February 06, 2017, 04:29:51 PM »
I know this problem also sadly exist on many other emulator. My question is does Final Burn Alpha have option to use Game Genie codes or any other cheat that could help me unlocking the Wily Wars game? I already beated all the three games at least 3 times, and for the last time I did it in a single segment, but still no option to play on the last game.

Is there any solution with Final Burn Alpha? I solved it on other emulators but I have to use FBA now.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: Mega Man: The Wily Wars save problem (Mega Drive)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 06:35:13 PM »
Sure, FBAlpha has support for cheat files.  I made a cheat file for this game using the codes at http://www.cheatzilla.com/cgi-bin/czm/cheat/5701
I also put some info in the cheat file (its text) so you can create them for other games.

To use it: unzip put md_megaman.ini into support/cheats folder in your fbalpha folder.  After you load the game, press Ctrl-F1 to
bring up the cheats display.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Pityesz

• Ultimate Knight
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 09:26:11 PM »
Sure, FBAlpha has support for cheat files.  I made a cheat file for this game using the codes at http://www.cheatzilla.com/cgi-bin/czm/cheat/5701
I also put some info in the cheat file (its text) so you can create them for other games.

To use it: unzip put md_megaman.ini into support/cheats folder in your fbalpha folder.  After you load the game, press Ctrl-F1 to
bring up the cheats display.

best regards,
- dink

Really? I've used these kinds of cheat files for Arcade only, never known this also works with the other platform games on FBA. I thought Mega Drive had only the Game Genie for this purpose, thus looked for that option with no success. Thanks, Dink, you saved me. :)

===EDIT===

Oh now I got it. This is actually the Game Genie code translated to hexadecimal and injected at the place normally the Game Genie would insert it. I feel myself stupid now. Many thanks again. FBA is by far my favorite emulator to record from, it has a nice over-all performance no matter how hard I push the quality. Finally I can finish the Wily Wars longplay, get ready to be credited in the description.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:40:40 PM by Pityesz »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »
enjoy your game :)

best regards,
- dink