Author Topic: Primal Rage 1 and 2  (Read 4040 times)

Offline RecklessLink

Primal Rage 1 and 2
« on: September 03, 2016, 08:14:09 PM »
Can FBAlpha run Atari arcade games such as Primal Rage 1 and 2?  I have the roms but they aren't being recognized so I'm unsure if they are able to be run, or if I just need different roms.  I am a bit new to arcade emulation and would greatly appreciate any assistance/tips that can be given.

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
Re: Primal Rage 1 and 2
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 12:56:44 AM »
No, Atari GT board (atarigt.c driver) isn't supported by FBA yet, so Primal Rage doesn't work... the same goes for Primal Rage II (if I'm not wrong, the original arcade board should be based on a PSX hardware).

PS: to see all supported games by the current FBA release it's enough select the options "show available" and "show unavailable" in the "Select game box" (Load game... - F6).

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 02:40:30 AM »
PS: you can try the Mega Drive version of Primal Rage... it's not on the same level with the arcade version, but it's better than nothing! ;)

Offline RecklessLink

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 03:28:58 PM »
Okay, thanks for the information!  I do have one last question.  Sega is supported but my Streets of Rage collection doesn't work, so it would be my guess that the games are missing a file of some sort.  Would you be able to point me in the right direction regarding this issue?

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 05:07:38 PM »
Street of Rage games are supported by Mega Drive/Genesis driver... probably you have a wrong ROMset (version of ROMs) for these games... ;)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 05:21:27 PM »
If you just have regular MD/Gen roms of Streets Of Rage 1,2,3 you'll need to name and zip them a certain way for the emulator to recognize them.  A program called CLRMamePro can do this automatically, read a quick how-to here: http://http://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=2823.msg20495#msg20495

best regards,
- dink