Author Topic: Some PVC Bankswitch code  (Read 19554 times)

Offline Death Metal

• Crimson Blade
KOF2003 problem
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2005, 12:57:06 AM »
Sorry for reviving this thread, but I'd like to ask for a bit of help here.

I've tried to add all of this PVC code to FBA, but it doesn't seem to work with KOF2003. I take it that, with this code, the original PCB kof2003 should be working, right? I think there must be something to do with the BIOS file (271-bios.bin) that comes together with the game. Is there some special way to load it?

I've tried a lot of things, but none allowed the game to run. Has anyone succeeded in making the game go? If so, can you explain exactly how did you implement that PVC code, please?

Thanks in advance. :)

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Some PVC Bankswitch code
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2005, 06:28:08 AM »
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 12:39:44 PM by iq_132 »

Offline Death Metal

• Crimson Blade
Some PVC Bankswitch code
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2005, 01:30:36 PM »
Once again, thank you for the great help, IQ. :)

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Some PVC Bankswitch code
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2005, 01:50:44 AM »
No problem, as always, I'm just happy to help. ;)

Offline Death Metal

• Crimson Blade
Re: Some PVC Bankswitch code
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2005, 02:32:38 AM »
Hey guys.

Before anything, let me just say that I'm only posting in this thread again because I guess this post of mine has something to do with the original idea of the topic -- just so that I don't need to open a new thread for this same topic. Anyway, it's just something I'd like to know out of curiosity, since the doubt just occurred to me while I was looking at my Kof2003 driver.

Is there any specific reason as to why we have to use a P3 rom that seems to be decrypted (the oen that usually comes with the romset kof2003.zip) insted of the original scrambled P3? I mean, since all that PVC code was figured out, I was just wondering why is that. Does it mean there's still no code that emulates the original P3 protection?

Obviously it's no big deal, really. But if there's code available to do it that I'm still not aware of, I'd prefer to use the original encrypted P3 too, just for "authenticity's sake," you know. ;)

Sorry for being an ass about it and thanks in advance. :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 02:35:01 AM by Death Metal »

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2005, 03:54:14 AM »
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing... I'd really like to see the p3 decryption code.

Offline Death Metal

• Crimson Blade
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2005, 12:44:33 PM »
Well, I take it that it shouldn't be too hard (for those experienced, of course :p), since the encrypted one doesn't even prevent the game from running... it just messes up with the colors. Maybe nobody ever gave it a shot, seeing as how people focused in the PVC code anyway so that the game could be playable first (well, thankfully).

Offline FerchogtX

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team ;)
    • FB Alpha Plus! Web Site
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2005, 09:52:45 PM »
The encrypted P3 ROM stills unemulated, the PVC bankswitch code or the PVC protection chip doesn't work for it, it seems that this roms has a different encription that no one has figured yet (i guess), that's the reason why we use a p3d... but anyway seems strange because if there is a p3d... then the encription is broken since someone figured how to decript it... looks weird some times...
See ya!!!!! :biggrin:

Good and evil co-exist because of the balance, lies are not part of it...

FB Alpha Plus! site infos updated, see the latest info clicking on my profile link...

Offline Death Metal

• Crimson Blade
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2005, 11:22:56 PM »
>>but anyway seems strange because if there is a p3d... then the encription is broken since someone figured how to decript it...

Exactly, that was my point. Really looks strange, but oh well. Anyway, if there's someone working on that, I guess we'll get to know it eventually.