Author Topic: FB Alpha Enhanced R15 [v0.2.96.72]  (Read 163187 times)

Offline gine

Re: FB Alpha Enhanced R15 [v0.2.96.72]
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2008, 06:43:10 AM »
could these fixes merged into FB Alpha Enhanced ?
as I noticed same bugs are present in FBA too...
these codes are for MAME, so you could convert it...

[qadj37b5gre]
1448 line

code+nxs+0x10*nys,

to

(code & ~0xf) + ((code + nxs) & 0xf) + 0x10*nys,

[xmcota056gre]
1855 line

fillbitmap(bitmap,Machine->pens[4095],cliprect);

to

fillbitmap(bitmap,get_black_pen(machine),cliprect);

[3wonders236b16gre]

add 'empty tile 16x16' next to  'empty tile 8x8'
for this bug and some others , you can check latest MAMEFX source
just see 'Start the video hardware emulation' section in 'vidhrdw/cps1.c'

take care

p.s. these fixes hasn't been included in official MAME yet..
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 06:46:52 AM by gine »

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2008, 08:34:03 AM »
could these fixes merged into FB Alpha Enhanced ?
as I noticed same bugs are present in FBA too...
these codes are for MAME, so you could convert it...

[qadj37b5gre]
1448 line

code+nxs+0x10*nys,

to

(code & ~0xf) + ((code + nxs) & 0xf) + 0x10*nys,

[xmcota056gre]
1855 line

fillbitmap(bitmap,Machine->pens[4095],cliprect);

to

fillbitmap(bitmap,get_black_pen(machine),cliprect);

[3wonders236b16gre]

add 'empty tile 16x16' next to  'empty tile 8x8'
for this bug and some others , you can check latest MAMEFX source
just see 'Start the video hardware emulation' section in 'vidhrdw/cps1.c'

take care

p.s. these fixes hasn't been included in official MAME yet..

ThanX for the recommendation gine ^^, I will take a look at those fixes and see is i can convert them  :wink:

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2008, 11:47:58 AM »
FYI - the xmcota issue isn't a problem in FBA so you can ignore that. And the blank tiles "fix" is the grossest of gross hacks!

The qadj issue may be worth a look though.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline gine

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2008, 03:48:16 PM »
>>>And the blank tiles "fix" is the grossest of gross hacks!

Yes, but there are already these kind of hacks in FBA and even MAME to "fix" some issues
so why not this one...?  particularly for FBA (Enhanced), as it's main concern is playability rather than accuracy unlike MAME...it fixes many bad tile bugs like this one..not just '3wonders236b16gre'

>>ThanX for the recommendation gine ^^, I will take a look at those fixes and see is i can convert them 

also is there any chance FBAE will support some CD set as well just like FBA Shuffle ?
specially Redearth/Warzard, since the game (NOCD Asia) locks up during game, if you change region other than default setting
i really want to play it as Wazard not Redearth for some reason... :biggrin:

many thanks
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 04:07:09 PM by gine »

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2008, 04:59:10 PM »
Yes, but there are already these kind of hacks in FBA and even MAME to "fix" some issues
so why not this one...?  particularly for FBA (Enhanced), as it's main concern is playability rather than accuracy unlike MAME...it fixes many bad tile bugs like this one..not just '3wonders236b16gre'

I'm the mod of FBA Enhanced and I never have stated something like that, where did you saw that?

also is there any chance FBAE will support some CD set as well just like FBA Shuffle ?
specially Redearth/Warzard, since the game (NOCD Asia) locks up during game, if you change region other than default setting
i really want to play it as Wazard not Redearth for some reason... :biggrin:

I dont think FBA Shuffle have CD sets working correctly , CDROM is not emulated...and Warzard/Redearth is the same afaik, the name is only because location purposes.

SeeYaa!

Offline DF723

• Newbies
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2008, 07:16:25 PM »
I found it really interesting that from the first 6 pages of the 1st "FBA Enhanced" thread, there has been 13 builds of FBAE posted. This 2nd FBAE thread now reached its 6th page, with only 1 build posted so far. Maybe Captain is being more careful this time.  :wink:   

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2008, 08:21:32 PM »
I found it really interesting that from the first 6 pages of the 1st "FBA Enhanced" thread, there has been 13 builds of FBAE posted. This 2nd FBAE thread now reached its 6th page, with only 1 build posted so far. Maybe Captain is being more careful this time.  :wink:   

That's because I'm working like I said in some previous posts with NeoGeo CD support for FBA Enhanced, that btw, today after lot of time trying to track down a bug that was not allowing Last Blade 2 run properly I found it and it was fixed accordingly (ThanX go to IQ_132 too for testing my newest source & binary and helping me with lot of information)

Now the only thing I'm trying to track down from a long time and still don't find the fix is how to obtain the correct CDDA commands & Tracks from memory so that they can be properly played. Right now the only ones that are working  with CDDA (that means, that are getting the CDDA commands & tracks to play) are Mslug, Mslug2 & Last Hope , and have to state that I have a small testing library of NeoGeo CD games because Im making a Virtual CD Image for each NeoGeo CD game (probably other games have CDDA working too). That's because if someone have a real CD and want to emulate it on FBA they will be able to do it =).

When I finish with that I will then add the so expected AVI recording feature, the input macros feature and will try to add a Cheat search feature too, have to work on a code IQ_132 sent me for that ^^

SeeYaa!

Offline gine

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2008, 08:45:45 PM »
I'm the mod of FBA Enhanced and I never have stated something like that, where did you saw that?

I meant playability AND accuracy unlike MAME :biggrin:
i just wish there's an CPS Emulator without any bug....MAME has some, Kawak has some, FBA is nearly perfect in terms of CPS emulation now (cps1,cps2,cps3) ,not to mention awesome GUI and other features...

I dont think FBA Shuffle have CD sets working correctly , CDROM is not emulated...and Warzard/Redearth is the same afaik, the name is only because location purposes.

at least FBA Shuffle doesn't cause hang-ups or lock-up in Warzard..if you change it to other region (Wazard - Japan for example), you will see some weird hang-ups (just check intro) and later lock-up...maybe region code bug left ?

take care

Offline hxghwx

• Newbies
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2008, 01:43:24 AM »
The game root of "d_seta 2" series of R15 can't play. Hope to repair bottom. Thanks!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2008, 04:44:58 AM »
FB Alpha Enhanced R16 WIP [January 25, 2008]

Posting just to say ONE of the wip's , because there are many but I just want to announce this one for now ^^

- Neo Geo CD doesn't need SDL anymore, CDDA audio is played using raw windows media libraries and structures.

I'm still cleaning the new modules and code but hopefully that will be finished in less than 2 days if nothing interfere.

Other update related to CDDA that I'll be working soon is the possibility to choose the CD-ROM drive where the NeoGeo CD game is located, this would only let you choose those drives with Neo Geo CD discs mounted or inserted, so that means that if you have a Britney Spears Audio CD in drive 'D:\' and in drive 'E:\' you have Metal Slug NGCD disc, it will only let you choose drive 'E:\'  :smilie:.

The next I will be working related to the playback of NeoGeo CD audio is the implementation of a new module to handle not just CDROM games, I will try to make it possible to load Neo Geo CD games from directories AND make use of .MP3's if that feature is activated.

btw, don't expect a release in less than a week or 2, I really want to try and make Neo Geo CD work the best that I can, it is not being easy but I'm doing my best in the time I have.

SeeYaa!

Offline MasterPhW

• Newbies
    • Emulation Flame
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2008, 06:02:19 AM »
Other update related to CDDA that I'll be working soon is the possibility to choose the CD-ROM drive where the NeoGeo CD game is located, this would only let you choose those drives with Neo Geo CD discs mounted or inserted, so that means that if you have a Britney Spears Audio CD in drive 'D:\' and in drive 'E:\' you have Metal Slug NGCD disc, it will only let you choose drive 'E:\'  :smilie:.
You are a Tittney Spears Fan? ;)
Quote from: CaptainCPS-X
The next I will be working related to the playback of NeoGeo CD audio is the implementation of a new module to handle not just CDROM games, I will try to make it possible to load Neo Geo CD games from directories AND make use of .MP3's if that feature is activated.

btw, don't expect a release in less than a week or 2, I really want to try and make Neo Geo CD work the best that I can, it is not being easy but I'm doing my best in the time I have.
That's a feature I'm really looking for, because no NeoGeoCD emu could handle that in this way! It would be really great to integrate it into the game browser aswell, with screenshot and cabshots etc.
Take your time for the new release, FBAE is really great! Looking forward to every new release!
My Portable Rig: Intel C2D T7250 (2x2.0Ghz, 800Mhz) | 2048 MB DDR2 PC800 | Geforce Go 7950 GTX PCI-E | Realtek HD Audio |
180Gbyte Internal SATA2 + 6x500GB external | Windows Vista Business X64 SP1 MSDNAA

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2008, 01:57:10 PM »
You are a Tittney Spears Fan? ;)That's a feature I'm really looking for, because no NeoGeoCD emu could handle that in this way! It would be really great to integrate it into the game browser aswell, with screenshot and cabshots etc.
Take your time for the new release, FBAE is really great! Looking forward to every new release!

Not a Britney Spears fan xDD lol  :p

SeeYaa!

Offline jlac10

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2008, 01:58:44 PM »
hey guys the best option for to play in kaillera is to use SupraclientCPPE. http://www.supraclient.com/

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2008, 02:10:57 PM »
hey guys the best option for to play in kaillera is to use SupraclientCPPE. http://www.supraclient.com/

ThanX jlac10 and welcome to the forums, I will definitely try it out to see how it goes  :smilie:

SeeYaa!

Offline Key_clone

« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2008, 02:45:02 PM »
FB Alpha Enhanced R15

I'm releasing a second package today to correct some minor issues in the previous release, and to fix a bug I found in part of my new code for the Game Selection window. Be sure to grab this new release to have the latest fixes of some of the reported issues.

R15 [ January 12, 2008 ]

* Fixed little error when saving screenshots.

* Updated a bit the Auto Monitor Aspect ratio configuration, I verified some resolutions aspects
  and did the neccessary adjustments.

* Modified the alternative Pause key 'P' now it will check if you're netplaying to do it's function
  correctly.

* Fixed a bug when loading a game and going back to the game selection window, if you don't choose another
  game it would crash when closing the window, that was fixed and now there is no problem.

Unicode Binary / VC2008 ( DirectX GFX 9 Blitter Capable) (Includes FBA Sources & Documentation ):

fba_enhanced_R15.7z [~4.03MB]

Note: There is a known bug with the DirectX 9 Experimental blitter and the Preview Blitter option that shows only a specific area of the new Skin. I'll be working on that asap.

SeeYaa!

Hey man! I can not unpack this file in 7z. You could make an upload in RapidShare? Please!!! :redface:
Thanks!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: