Author Topic: FBA4Droid (and general android compatibility)  (Read 8943 times)

Offline el_rika

FBA4Droid (and general android compatibility)
« on: June 21, 2016, 06:00:04 AM »
Hy guys,

first of all thank you for the hard work you put into FBA development and in keeping the scene alive  :biggrin:

For the past couple of years i've been enjoying those beautiful arcade games on my smartphone while my ps4 collects dust  :p There is something addictive about playing some shumps or trade some punches in Kof whenever and wherever i feel like it, in such 'pixel perfect' recreation of those nostalgic graphics and sounds.

Now, i must say i love the FBA android emu called Fba4Droid. It's made by some chinese guys (that post on a forum that i can not register to), and the compatibility and especially overlay controls are excelent. I also use Retroarch and Mame4Droid (0.139) which work pretty good as well.
I've been gaming on a Galaxy S2 and i've recently upgraded to a S4 (the quad core version).

It's a long shot to ask here i know, but the issue is that in a few specific games in Fba4Droid (0.2.97.37), i have some audio clicks and pops. The framerate is smooth and the image is perfect. Those games are SF3 2nd impact (New Generation and 3rd strike are not affected), PGM games, DoDonPachi and a strange version of SF2ce that has the sound effects very very loud and somewhat distorted (i have a different SF2ce rom with normal effects that is not affected). Also some games like Dragon Blaze, Gunbird 2, Strikers 1945ii, have distorted sound with mission effects and music. The same roms work well in Retroarch (0.2.97.30 fba core) and Mame4Droid (0.139).

So, does anyone have experience with the android enviroment and FBA ports? Is this maybe some known issue with these FBA audio drivers? I'm using 4.3 JellyBean with no overclocking.

Thank you. If more information is needed, i will provide it.

Thank you very much.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: FBA4Droid (and general android compatibility)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 06:58:41 AM »
Hy guys,

first of all thank you for the hard work you put into FBA development and in keeping the scene alive  :biggrin:

For the past couple of years i've been enjoying those beautiful arcade games on my smartphone while my ps4 collects dust  :p There is something addictive about playing some shumps or trade some punches in Kof whenever and wherever i feel like it, in such 'pixel perfect' recreation of those nostalgic graphics and sounds.

Now, i must say i love the FBA android emu called Fba4Droid. It's made by some chinese guys (that post on a forum that i can not register to), and the compatibility and especially overlay controls are excelent. I also use Retroarch and Mame4Droid (0.139) which work pretty good as well.
I've been gaming on a Galaxy S2 and i've recently upgraded to a S4 (the quad core version).

It's a long shot to ask here i know, but the issue is that in a few specific games in Fba4Droid (0.2.97.37), i have some audio clicks and pops. The framerate is smooth and the image is perfect. Those games are SF3 2nd impact (New Generation and 3rd strike are not affected), PGM games, DoDonPachi and a strange version of SF2ce that has the sound effects very very loud and somewhat distorted (i have a different SF2ce rom with normal effects that is not affected). Also some games like Dragon Blaze, Gunbird 2, Strikers 1945ii, have distorted sound with mission effects and music. The same roms work well in Retroarch (0.2.97.30 fba core) and Mame4Droid (0.139).

So, does anyone have experience with the android enviroment and FBA ports? Is this maybe some known issue with these FBA audio drivers? I'm using 4.3 JellyBean with no overclocking.

Thank you. If more information is needed, i will provide it.

Thank you very much.
The question to be asking is if the source is available?

Offline el_rika

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 05:22:20 PM »
The question to be asking is if the source is available?

I think it is based on this emulator https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greatlittleapps.afba

i can't find more info on it though, except the forum where the new builds are posted http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=fba4droid&ie=utf-8

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 07:20:52 PM »
I think it is based on this emulator https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greatlittleapps.afba

i can't find more info on it though, except the forum where the new builds are posted http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=fba4droid&ie=utf-8
If they don't provide their sources, it violates our license. If they're violating our license, I have no interest in helping them.
Sorry. ^^

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 10:20:02 PM »
Even if we wanted to help with the project, its impossible to do so without source code.

Offline el_rika

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 06:00:39 AM »
I understand.

Maybe there's something there, but i'll have to work on my chinese hehe.

Thank you and may you have a productive week  :biggrin:

Offline el_rika

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 09:36:19 AM »
Even if we wanted to help with the project, its impossible to do so without source code.

So, i think here is the source code for the FBA android emulator. If someone knows how and wants to compile an updated/definitive version, it'd be great  :biggrin:

Cheers everyone, and enjoy the beautiful summer!