Author Topic: Free game on Neo Geo Bios  (Read 5126 times)

Offline 3xcl4m4t10n

• Newbies
Free game on Neo Geo Bios
« on: March 25, 2016, 09:56:32 PM »
Hello again team!

Here I am again. I know I said I was not going to bother you more, but I think it's important to let you know all the possible bugs. I have been trying to switch on the Free Play mode on Neo Geo Bios with several games but it have been impossible to do. I try it on other emulators with the same roms/settings and it work without problem. It's a known issue?

In other hand, I have a little request/question, Is there any chance to get in the next version a separate doccument for the game input and the Dip switches settings on separate configuration files? It's pretty complicated edit all the configuration files by hand when it have also the configuration of the rom. Also if it is not on the same place, it is more easy to share configs/inputs with other players.

Thank you for all as always :D.

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
Re: Free game on Neo Geo Bios
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 01:56:19 AM »
Here I am again. I know I said I was not going to bother you more, but I think it's important to let you know all the possible bugs. I have been trying to switch on the Free Play mode on Neo Geo Bios with several games but it have been impossible to do. I try it on other emulators with the same roms/settings and it work without problem. It's a known issue?

As far as I know, the "free play mode" is an hardware DIP Switch function (in other words, on the original arcade board there is a real jumper or switch to select it), then it can be activated from the specific menu (Input/Set dipswitches - "Ctrl + F5") and not in the software service menu (F2).

Offline 3xcl4m4t10n

• Newbies
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 11:37:09 AM »
As far as I know, the "free play mode" is an hardware DIP Switch function (in other words, on the original arcade board there is a real jumper or switch to select it), then it can be activated from the specific menu (Input/Set dipswitches - "Ctrl + F5") and not in the software service menu (F2).

Yeah, I wanted to say on the DIP Switches not on the Bios, sorry for the confusion (that's why I related this with the other request). Can you try tit Gab75 to see if this issue happen to you too? I can't remember now if I reset the game after activate the DIP or not :P.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:38:15 AM by 3xcl4m4t10n »

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 12:09:36 PM »
Yeah, I wanted to say on the DIP Switches not on the Bios, sorry for the confusion (that's why I related this with the other request). Can you try tit Gab75 to see if this issue happen to you too? I can't remember now if I reset the game after activate the DIP or not :P.

As you asked me, I did a little test and I activated the "free play mode" in Alpha Mission II, Fatal Fury III and Zed Blade... the function worked properly (in all cases).

PS: I haven't had to reboot the games after the "dip switch" selection.

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 12:18:04 PM »
I don't know if this will be useful, but, before to test the games, you can try to delete the related config files in */config/games folder.

Offline 3xcl4m4t10n

• Newbies
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 08:49:24 PM »
Ok, it's working now the issue was on my side. Clossing the ticket...  :rolleyes:

Thank you @Gab75