Author Topic: snes9x 1.54.1 BEX error  (Read 5135 times)

Offline synnchan

• aka: synnae
snes9x 1.54.1 BEX error
« on: November 20, 2016, 09:56:09 PM »
First of all, I'm sorry for asking for snes9x help on a fba forum, but the snes9x community is deader than Elvis (I've posted there already and got no help), so I was wondering if you guys' emulation expertise would be able to help on this matter even though it's an unrelated emulator. Since this forum section is about "General Emulation" I thought SNES emulation could be included as well. So, without further delay, let me go straight to the problem:

Basically, on snes9x v1.54 (and v1.54.1) if I close the emulator while playing a movie, the emulator crashes. This happens even after the movie has already finished.

It gives me the following error:

This is my computer's info:

This is a video showing the error being reproduced:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvsAxJcGq2E

I'd like to make it so this error would stop happening cause it's bugging me to no end. Can anyone help me fixing it?

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: snes9x 1.54.1 BEX error
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 07:27:29 AM »
c000417 / buffer overflow exception, I've never seen that before.  (maybe its something new to 64bit systems?  I'm used to seeing c000005 but from what I just read its nearly the same thing.)  Basically there's something overruning a buffer (out of bounds access), and it's probably something that can't be fixed without diving into the sourcecode.

best regards,
- dink