Author Topic: updated to v0.2.99.12: jan_klaassen's mega super double extra special version  (Read 37164 times)

Offline jan_klaassen

• FBNeo Dev
If you get that message on any of the i7 cpus, that's odd since they should just keep going no matter what. I'm not sure about a dual core cpu, and it would also depend on the harddisk and maybe virus scanner, especially in combination (Windows Defender's virus scanner is terrible in that respect). That one should still be plenty fast enough though. You should be able to have a game running at full speed while fba is doing a scan.

I didn't do anything that would affect the scanning speed though, and there wasn't a Visual Studio or libary update either, so if scannimg speed changed, it wasn't me.

Video drivers can cause problems, but mostly for fullscreen mode, or with multiple monitors (and so can Windows updates).

Offline cliobrando

• Newbies
I know, the first time I tried the emulator even DX7 blitter crashed, uninstalled the VNC Mirage Driver and DX7 started working. So if someone is using the mirage driver please uninstall it first.

Offline robsons2007

hi the emulator works fine now thanks for updating.
because my emulator does not appear this option of the photo? you removed

Offline jan_klaassen

• FBNeo Dev
You get that toolbar when you load neo geo mvs (at the top of the list in the load game dialog), and select a few games (in the next dialog, the one with the 6 cartridge slots).

Offline robsons2007

thnk friend , work .

I do not know if it is a bug or I am getting it wrong on v0.2.99.11 so it does not appear on screen P1.
and in this image you posted appears P1 and P2

Offline robsons2007

Congratulations on the job, very well done.

Offline cliobrando

• Newbies
Hi,
Found a little bug, if you go to Video -> Blitter Options, and you select "Pre-scale using SoftFX" without selecting a SoftFX algorithm first, the emulator crashes (Guru meditation window).
If you select a SoftFX algorithm first, the "Pre-scale using SoftFX" is automatically selected and the emulator doesn't crash.

I can replicate this behavior 100% of the time, removing the fba.ini and selecting the menus.

Offline jan_klaassen

• FBNeo Dev
Found a little bug, if you go to Video -> Blitter Options, and you select "Pre-scale using SoftFX" without selecting a SoftFX algorithm first, the emulator crashes (Guru meditation window)
Thanks, fixed it.

I do not know if it is a bug or I am getting it wrong on v0.2.99.11 so it does not appear on screen P1.
and in this image you posted appears P1 and P2
I'm just quoting the documentation, see attachment. :biggrin:

Offline robsons2007

hi jan_klaassen, can you create a tutorial to compile the src?
wanted to add some modifications and new roms.

Offline jan_klaassen

• FBNeo Dev
Already did, it's in the zip file with the source code (compiling.txt). Covers both Visual Studio and Mingw-w64 with gcc 7.1.

Code: [Select]
A: compiling with visual studio 2017:

- download and install python 3.5 (or higher)
- download and install visual studio 2017
- download nasm and gnu make (including support files)
- download boost (version 1.64 or higher)

compiling boost:
- extract the boost source code
- start a visual studio developer command prompt, go to the boost directory,
  and create a .cmd file containing the following:

---8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<---

call "%VS150COMNTOOLS%..\..\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86

set cores=%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%
echo Building boost with %cores% cores

call bootstrap.bat

rem Most libraries can be static libs
b2 -j%cores% toolset=msvc-14.1 address-model=32 architecture=x86 define=_WIN32_WINNT=0x0601 link=static threading=multi runtime-link=shared --build-type=minimal stage --stagedir=stage/win32
b2 -j%cores% toolset=msvc-14.1 address-model=32 architecture=x86 define=_WIN32_WINNT=0x0601 link=static threading=multi runtime-link=static --build-type=minimal stage --stagedir=stage/win32

pause

---8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<---

- execute the batchfile.

compiling fb alpha:
- extract the fba source code
- place nasm and the gnu make executable along with it's support files in the same directory
- double-click FB Alpha.sln to open the project in visual studio
- once the project is opened, go into the property manager,
  under the configuration you want to build, right-click the fb alpha user property sheet,
  select "properties" from the menu; gp to the VC++ directories tab,
  set the directories boost to the correct locations, e.g.:

<drive>:<directory\boost_1_65_1;$(IncludePath)
  <drive>:<directory\boost_1_65_1\stage\win32\lib;$(LibraryPath)

then go to the nmake tab and set the buid/rebuild commamd lines to contain the options you want
- select the configuration you just edited in the configuration manager and build it

// ---

B: compiling with mingw-w64

- download and install python 3.5 (or higher)
- download and install mingw-w64
- download nasm
- download boost (version 1.64 or higher)

compiling boost:
- extract the boost source code
- start a mingw command prompt, go to the boost directory,
  and create a .cmd file containing the following:

set cores=%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%
echo Building boost with %cores% cores

call bootstrap.bat

rem Most libraries can be static libs
b2 -j%cores% toolset=gcc address-model=32 architecture=x86 define=_WIN32_WINNT=0x0601 link=static threading=multi runtime-link=shared --build-type=minimal stage --stagedir=stage/win32
b2 -j%cores% toolset=gcc address-model=32 architecture=x86 define=_WIN32_WINNT=0x0601 link=static threading=multi runtime-link=static --build-type=minimal stage --stagedir=stage/win32

pause

- execute the batchfile.

compiling fb alpha:
- extract the fba source code
- place nasm in the same directory
- edit makefile.mingw.user.mk and set the variables you want, then
  make sure the additional paths has the correct locations for boost, e.g.

boost_ver = 1_65

user_inc = <drive>:<directory/boost_1_65_1
user_lib = <drive>:<directory/boost_1_65_1/stage/win32/lib

- start a mingw command prompt, and go to the fba source directory
- type mingw32-make

Offline robsons2007

error in compile  ' 'conk_commands.hpp': No such file or directory'

Offline jan_klaassen

• FBNeo Dev
That file is generated with a python script, so make sure python is installed, and that PYTHON=1 is in the make options.

Offline jan_klaassen

• FBNeo Dev
Updated to v0.2.99.12.

This version has effectively the same default rom folders as the regular fba version.

Offline riccetto80

• Newbies
GG man! keep up the good work!!!

Offline cliobrando

• Newbies
Thanks!