Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

Development question

(1/2) > >>

joshsmithtogo:
Good day,

Just wondering if there was any plans to add more CAVE shmups support for games like Espgaluda2, Deathsmiles, Mushi Mushi.. etc.

dink:
Maybe someday, it's not on high priority due to the complexities involved.

el_rika:
Yeah, that will be a day to celebrate :D  Especially with some optimisations like for Kaneko/Psikyo CPUs.

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: el_rika on February 15, 2018, 05:38:40 PM ---Yeah, that will be a day to celebrate :D  Especially with some optimisations like for Kaneko/Psikyo CPUs.

--- End quote ---
I don't think cave3 boards would run on rpi, cave2 boards are already borderline :redface: (and i already tried figuring out speedhacks on those, i even managed to attain full speed with svg on rpi3 by clocking the m68k at 12mhz and the arm7 at 6mhz iirc, but it would make all other games awfully slow for this board)

dink:
Well, its a hard one now, did you guys try the latest MAME?  Haze hooked up the sh2drc to the sh3/4, so now the cv1k games run perfect, even on my trusty dusty P4 (2.999ghz).  If we were to port the cv1k games (and I'm not saying we will), they will be without a drc(dynamic recompiler), and all the optimizing and speedhacks in the world won't compete with that.  Another caveat is that high-cpu games like some Psikyo/Kaneko etc run around 28mhz, the cv1k games run at 102mhz, then throw the complex video ontop of that along with the mpeg/AMM decoding for sound....

bye for now,
- dink

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version