Author Topic: FBA 2.96.7x NeoGeo input problem  (Read 5438 times)

Offline IIDX

FBA 2.96.7x NeoGeo input problem
« on: April 03, 2008, 07:56:22 PM »
Hi guys, loving the enhanced versions of FBA.
However! I'm having a bit a problem.

Apologies if this isn't the right forum.

So basically, NeoGeo games in ANY 2.96.7x build (not tried any below, I like CPS3...) give me this weird input problem.
I loaded up a game, and I began to try and feed the game as many credits as possible, as fast as possible. (Don't ask)
However, as I fed them into the "machine", it went "Credit jingle credit jingle credit jingle *pause for a second* credit jingle credit jingle credit jingle *pause for a second*".
I found this quite odd, I'm very proud (not really but let's just pretend) on how quickly I can fill emulated NeoGeo games with credits, and I figured I must just be losing my touch.

So I tried playing Blazing Star. I'd hold a direction, and it would stop for a second, and then start moving again, stop, start, so on. After a while, it would go away. But then after a while...it would come back.

How annoying!

So I tried using my parallel port to PS2 adapter instead of my new USB to PS2 adapter to feed credits into the game.
Same thing!
So I tried keyboard...same problem.

I loaded up JoJo's Bizarre Adventure...and the problem wasn't there.
I loaded up a bunch of other games, and there was nothing wrong with them at all, only happens on NeoGeo games.
I've tried using a fresh Bios instead of my oldschool mix and match one I made back in the day when Samurai Shodown V was hard to find, but the problem stayed.

Knowing my luck, this has probably been covered with a solution elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything.
Thanks for any help.

Edit: I got my friend to try it out on his PC, and he's having the exact same problem!
Any fixes?
Thanks.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 12:01:14 PM by IIDX »

Offline 0746

• Expert
Re: FBA 2.96.7x NeoGeo input problem
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 12:47:55 AM »
So whats this problem? On input it pauses emulation? Is that what you mean? if so, I cant confirm this.

Offline IIDX

Re: FBA 2.96.7x NeoGeo input problem
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 08:35:51 AM »
Nono, doesn't pause the emulation, it's as if the input is cutting out every 2 seconds, then coming back after a second. It's definitely not my PC lagging, as the game runs 100% smooth, minus the input cutting out.