Author Topic: Final Burn Alpha AmigaOS4 / Windows 32 Bits Now  (Read 4331 times)

Offline hunoppc

Final Burn Alpha AmigaOS4 / Windows 32 Bits Now
« on: April 30, 2016, 04:06:35 PM »
Hello,
Presentation :
I am HunoPPC developer for AmigaOS4 PowerPC platform, I realized a lot of ports for this platform and I created 3 complete games.
I love emulation and the Arcade ( my private collection: 9 real arcade dedicated and multi systems) and one day I came across this a wonderful job FBA and I decided to porting and improve a lot of things around this really nice emulator.
This is my very customized version of FinalBurn Alpha developed the basis for AmigaOS4 operating system with a lot of small custom additions, and hope you enjoy it.
I thought it would be good to share this big job with a larger community and I just released the first version last night.
Many more games will be supported at progressively but already the emulator supports more than 8000 games.
I personally thank the team at Alpha FinalBurn that without them this version could never born.
Feel free to contact me for any questions and thank you for your support for future versions ;-)

You can download this version on my website with previews, wheels, bezels, samples

http://hunoppc.amiga-projects.net/content/final-burn-alpha-amigaos4-windows-32-bits

HunoPPC french Amiga Team

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
Re: Final Burn Alpha AmigaOS4 / Windows 32 Bits Now
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 05:30:08 PM »
Very Nice!! One quick question do you make the Source Code for this project available..??? i didn't see it hosted on your site.

Offline hunoppc

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 04:30:19 AM »
Hello,
First of all thank you for your interest  :wink:
The source codes used for this release are included in the installer, except for the parts of my personal libraries that are used in this engine.
The lib HunoJoyWrapper which is cross platform for managing keyboards joysticks (freeware)
The lib FmodWrapper that she platform for management via its SDL_mixer, mp3, ogg, mid, wav etc .. (freeware)
The lib BoostyGFXV2 is AmigaOS4 and Windows (shareware and freeware on OS4 on windows) that included the following functions
This libraries interfacing fast graphics (Skeleton) contains management TTF fonts, features animated Gifs, rendered and optimized filters (blitters) memcpy optimized (x86, PowerPC and AltiVec), decoding made video via ogg vorbis video, new timer faster , optimization of BOOST (BOOST equivalents Bookstore, WRAPPER)
management endianess lib light specific png, lib light specific ogg, lib light specific zip, lib light specific 7zip, lib light specific ttf, lib light specific sdl, Effect SkinFX, xpm natively,  this library WRAPPED all native functions cited libriairies and helps overcome inter system limitations.
All these libraries are not OpenSources and are therefore not in the source code, I remember that was libboostyV2 develop for the for AmigaOS4 on initial work, that's why all these functions.
All these libraries are compiled into static executable FBA
The source code for FinalBurn Alpha did not change as everything is done in my library and I have in any case obliged to change the functions of FBA
I use the SDL version from Alpha FinalBurn
thank you for your understanding
Wishing you a good day
HunoPPC  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 04:32:40 AM by hunoppc »

Offline samo79

• Newbies
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 08:25:19 AM »
What a wonderfull job ! :cool:
Huno you are the best, and of course a huge thanks goes to all the members of the FBA team .. guys you are great :-)

Offline Haze

• MAME Devs
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 06:48:31 AM »
The source codes used for this release are included in the installer, except for the parts of my personal libraries that are used in this engine.
The lib HunoJoyWrapper which is cross platform for managing keyboards joysticks (freeware)
The lib FmodWrapper that she platform for management via its SDL_mixer, mp3, ogg, mid, wav etc .. (freeware)
The lib BoostyGFXV2 is AmigaOS4 and Windows (shareware and freeware on OS4 on windows) that included the following functions
This libraries interfacing fast graphics (Skeleton) contains management TTF fonts, features animated Gifs, rendered and optimized filters (blitters) memcpy optimized (x86, PowerPC and AltiVec), decoding made video via ogg vorbis video, new timer faster , optimization of BOOST (BOOST equivalents Bookstore, WRAPPER)
management endianess lib light specific png, lib light specific ogg, lib light specific zip, lib light specific 7zip, lib light specific ttf, lib light specific sdl, Effect SkinFX, xpm natively,  this library WRAPPED all native functions cited libriairies and helps overcome inter system limitations.
All these libraries are not OpenSources and are therefore not in the source code, I remember that was libboostyV2 develop for the for AmigaOS4 on initial work, that's why all these functions.
All these libraries are compiled into static executable FBA
The source code for FinalBurn Alpha did not change as everything is done in my library and I have in any case obliged to change the functions of FBA
I use the SDL version from Alpha FinalBurn

Just be careful, the FBA license is derived from the old MAME license (due to containing MAME code) which could well prohibit you from linking against closed / license incompatible libraries like that.

Somebody should be able to take this port of FBA and build it for another (non-amiga PPC platform) and have it look / act the same way as the port you've put forward, if that isn't possible you might have an issue.

Of course, maybe the FBA guys don't care as much.

The new MAME license is clearer, we have GPL2.0 stuff, and BSD stuff, both of which are more clearly defined, but FBA can't transition to those unless they go through the same process we did of contacting all authors of any code they have, including that derived from MAME.  Also they might not want to, as the BSD parts don't even require source release, it's 100% free (the GPL parts of course do, so if you have GPL parts in the build the GPL license applies)