Author Topic: Finalburn on ARM based Handhelds  (Read 4508 times)

Offline jens.l

• Newbies
Finalburn on ARM based Handhelds
« on: April 02, 2008, 07:11:07 AM »
I don't know if I can post it here, if it is wrong, please move it.

Emudave was the first with picodrive ,I know that Oopsware has allready made a port to his mobilephone, and Masterall also to Pocket PC and Mobiles for MS WinCE, and Notaz with Picodrive.
My idea is that, here on Neosource maybe IQ_132 can make also a category for arm based mobiles and pocket pc for the programmer.
I didn't found on the web a forum like Neosource which is very helpfull and friendly to all  newcomer for programmer and nonprogrammer(user).

I ask, because it could help maybe some arm programmers to have a platform to make his work public. It could maybe "easier" to port the driver from x86 to arm with the help from the programmer here or the x86 programmer are maybe also interested to port drivers to arm ?
I ask because I have an arm based Gizmondo Handheld. The Finalburn port from Masterall performed very well on this old device.
Maybe it is possible to port more drivers than CPS1/2, CPS3, Neogeo,Cave, PGM and Toaplan to arm with the Finalburncore as base.
It looks like that the arm Finalburn core performed much much better than Mame.
Maybe it could aslo help to make a good Finalburn port to the Openpandora.

Only thoughts, only an Idea

Jens

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: Finalburn on ARM based Handhelds
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 09:43:41 PM »
To be honest, while I love the ARM-based ports (I have a Motorola Q), I don't really see the need for an entirely new category.  If someone wants any help with any drivers, ports, etc, they are more than welcome to ask in the respective forums on this site. ^^