Author Topic: FB Alpha 0.2.97.43 Bug Reports  (Read 479396 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: FB Alpha 0.2.97.43 Bug Reports
« Reply #915 on: May 08, 2018, 09:40:22 AM »
More bug reports, please!!

Remember, we rely on you: friends and fans of FBAlpha, to report any bugs or glitches in games that you like to play.

best regards,
- dink

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #916 on: May 09, 2018, 03:59:42 AM »
More bug reports, please!!
I saw a report this morning about green beret & rush'n attack running extremely fast since last release, considering they are both from the same driver there could be some truth behind this issue, i didn't have time to test it before going to work though.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #917 on: May 09, 2018, 07:32:38 AM »
I saw a report this morning about green beret & rush'n attack running extremely fast since last release, considering they are both from the same driver there could be some truth behind this issue, i didn't have time to test it before going to work though.

gberet is OK here, I did the side-by-side comparison test :)

best regards,
- dink

Online iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #918 on: May 09, 2018, 07:55:32 AM »
gberet is OK here, I did the side-by-side comparison test :)

best regards,
- dink
gberet needs a re-write in a bad way. One of these days i'll get around to finishing that.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #919 on: May 09, 2018, 08:39:26 AM »

Since there were no changes to the driver, I have a theory:
first: this was probably always broke for the reporter, unless there was a core change to the fps handling in retroarch/libretro etc.
second: gberet runs at 30fps.  If the system they are running on is 60fps only, or fps handling is broken somehow, the game will run twice the speed. 

best regards,
- dink

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
« Reply #920 on: May 09, 2018, 09:05:30 AM »
Since there were no changes to the driver, I have a theory:
first: this was probably always broke for the reporter, unless there was a core change to the fps handling in retroarch/libretro etc.
second: gberet runs at 30fps.  If the system they are running on is 60fps only, or fps handling is broken somehow, the game will run twice the speed. 

best regards,
- dink

Yeah i had the same exact problem on the xbox with Green Beret / Rush'n Attack another also affected was Ironhorse, so it's
definately a platform specific issue, i have a workaround however to bring the speed down to the correct level for the above
games via iq_132........

@barbudreadmon i'll push a commit later which should sort this.

Offline Stifu

« Reply #921 on: May 09, 2018, 09:13:17 AM »
Not actually a bug (and not worth its own thread, I guess), but something that everyone probably already knows about: the game filter categories are kind of arbitrary (which companies are listed or not, and some overlap, too). Also, games are not always listed under the most appropriate filter (for example, many are lumped together in Misc pre 90s rather than being put under the concerned company).

Are there plans to overhaul this, maybe using game metadata instead?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 09:14:18 AM by Stifu »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #922 on: May 09, 2018, 06:51:47 PM »
Stifu, thanks for the feedback.
This is a tough one, and there is definitely room for improvement.  There are no plans really, but if we notice something out of place, we'll try to fix it.

best regards,
- dink

Online iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #923 on: May 09, 2018, 07:08:57 PM »
Not actually a bug (and not worth its own thread, I guess), but something that everyone probably already knows about: the game filter categories are kind of arbitrary (which companies are listed or not, and some overlap, too). Also, games are not always listed under the most appropriate filter (for example, many are lumped together in Misc pre 90s rather than being put under the concerned company).

Are there plans to overhaul this, maybe using game metadata instead?
Completely arbitrary. I would not be against moving everything into simply drv and anything that doesn't have game structs into some other directory. The down side is that we'd lose all the history on those files.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #924 on: May 09, 2018, 09:42:49 PM »
iq_132 oh please no.. that would be horrible.

Offline Stifu

« Reply #925 on: May 10, 2018, 02:13:41 AM »
Thanks for your replies.

I noticed something that seems weird to me. I'm under the impression "gprider" and "gpriders" (clone of gprider) have the exact same 30 files, with the same crc. I noticed that because Romcenter tells me I have "gpriders" even though I only have "gprider".

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #926 on: May 10, 2018, 03:47:40 AM »
Thanks for your replies.

I noticed something that seems weird to me. I'm under the impression "gprider" and "gpriders" (clone of gprider) have the exact same 30 files, with the same crc. I noticed that because Romcenter tells me I have "gpriders" even though I only have "gprider".

The parent is the dual board, and the clone the single board. The roms match MAME, however, we don't emulate the dual board so they are effectively the same set.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #927 on: May 14, 2018, 01:26:13 PM »
I must be cursed or something with arkanoids, i picked a random version (arkgcbl), and ended up with the same "bad hardware" screen i had with arkatour on .42, except i get it later (after intro).

On a sidenote, the gberet issue was fixed (basically, the timings i computed for the libretro api were wrong because nBurnSoundRate/1000 was greater than nBurnFPS/100).

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #928 on: May 14, 2018, 10:36:00 PM »
Try using a real version of Arkanoid (arkanoid, arkanoidj, arkanoidu, arkatour), those are the only ones I worked on.  I'll check out the bootlegs though.  the bootlegs with mcu should be ok.

edit: later that day... fixed the issue with no-mcu bootlegs. 

Glad ya worked out the gberet issue :)

best regards,
- dink

I must be cursed or something with arkanoids, i picked a random version (arkgcbl), and ended up with the same "bad hardware" screen i had with arkatour on .42, except i get it later (after intro).

On a sidenote, the gberet issue was fixed (basically, the timings i computed for the libretro api were wrong because nBurnSoundRate/1000 was greater than nBurnFPS/100).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 11:25:58 PM by dink »

Offline tmznix

« Reply #929 on: May 23, 2018, 10:01:49 PM »
Hi !
First of all, thank you very much for this fantastic emulator!

I think I found a bug.
When I tried to load a particular game, "super speed race Junior (Japan)", FBA crashes. Rom name is ssrj.zip
It happends as soon as I click on the game's name. Before even trying to double click to start it.
Im using windows 64bits.

Hope it helps.
Cheers,

TMZ