Author Topic: PS3 Controller Help [Cannot Figure Out How To Get Controller To Work?]  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Boogie

What's up guys?

So I got FBA up and running tonight. I also figured out how to play the games. So I loaded Metal Slug 3 and also downloaded a PS3 Controller Driver [SCP Toolkit]. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to get FBA and Metal Slug 3 to recognize my controller? I went into "Map game inputs" and selected "Player 1", then "Joystick 1", and saved the settings. This is still not working, obviously I'm doing something wrong. I just want to get my controller setup so I can play all these dope games and not have to use the keyboard [I absolutely hate using the keyboard!!!].

Somebody please help!!!

Thanks,

Boogie

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: PS3 Controller Help [Cannot Figure Out How To Get Controller To Work?]
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 09:18:17 AM »
Hi Boogie, I'm also using a PS3 controller w/SCP.  First lets see if the controller is working w/the driver.  Try going to control panel in Windows, game controller settings and see if when you move the controller or press the buttons they appear in the settings window.  If they don't, its a driver issue.  If you're using the original Scarlet.Crush version of the driver, get the newer continuation of the driver by nefarius - he's added support for more gamepads including clone gamepads that say they're genuine, but are actually clone/counterfeit controllers.  If using the latest by nefarius, there's a dll replacement fix that supports more controllers, available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ci9k16yom5fxco/ScpControl%20-%20Fix%20Fake%20PS3%20Controller%20By%20Thales.zip?dl=0
Once the driver & windows detects your gamepad, it should be fine in FBA after that :)

PS3 gamepad tip: if you'd like to use both the analog thumbstick and dpad in games and be able change between the 2 whenever you'd like during a game, grab Joy2Key 3.7.9 (the last free version of it), and, using joy2key, map UDLR on both the dpad and analog stick to the arrow keys on the keyboard, and the buttons to z x c v, now you can use the keyboard preset for all games in fba, and joy2key will do the dirty work.  That's how I do it, at least.

best regards,
- dink