Author Topic: need help with mvspsp romcnv  (Read 9342 times)

Offline KaNyErO

need help with mvspsp romcnv
« on: February 06, 2013, 06:16:38 AM »
Hi!

To make the story short, i bought an eachgame epg1000 console that is more or less like a jxd3000 console. Thanks to naxeras we have a custom firmware that allows the emulation of neogeo and cps1/2 in this console but the emulators are ports of mvspsp/cps1psp/cps2psp.

I had succes converting the big roms to cache but the problem is that the graphics are not correct. I discovered how the graphics should be converted and it is very easy to do, but doing the conversion by hand of all the games can be tired, and even more bored when you have to deal with encrypted c roms (most of the games)

I have the source of mvspsp and the converter, that can be found here:

http://dl.qj.net/psp/development/cps1psp/cps2psp/mvspsp/ncdzpsp-v231-source.html

But i need help to modify the graphics part of the converter to do the right conversion for this console.

Any help? i could send more details if anyone could help me.

Remember, it's only the graphic part of the converter and only how the new cache croms are written, the rest of the converter works fine (c rom decription).

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:18:42 AM by KaNyErO »

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: need help with mvspsp romcnv
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 11:14:41 PM »
Here's a separate tool to take care of the additional interleave.

update 2/10/13 20:18
32-bit exe rather than 64.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:32:29 PM by iq_132 »

Offline KaNyErO

Re: need help with mvspsp romcnv
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 11:11:46 AM »
Thanks a lot IQ but it says it's not a valid win32 aplication (windows xp 32 bits)

Btw i was wondering if it was possible to include your modification to romcnv.c

I was thinking that another easy option could be writte a little tool to read the converted Crom created by romcnv and rewrite untill it's build in a way the jxd can read it. It could be even easier to use than unifyc, because unifyc only works with decrypted roms, and most of the roms that need no be patched must be decrypted first, so that could save a lot of time too.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:15:54 AM by KaNyErO »