Author Topic: Arcade Systems Docs  (Read 11841 times)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
Arcade Systems Docs
« on: December 21, 2007, 07:04:56 PM »
I found this nice site where you can look at pretty good documentation for Neo Geo (and sprites docs as well), Neo Geo CD (this may be useful), CPS-1, IGS, DataEast (16 bit), and lot other systems.

There are more things on the page that may be of help when programming for a new emulator or an existing one + if you want to develop games for some system too.

Arcade Development Central (Documents)

http://arcadedev.emuvibes.com/#Documents

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: Arcade Systems Docs
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 12:08:56 AM »
Neo Geo CD (this may be useful),
Not at all :(  What's really needed is documentation on what exactly the controller & dma chip used for the Neo-CD's CD-ROM access (and some other nifty things).

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
Re: Arcade Systems Docs
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 01:41:14 AM »
Not at all :(  What's really needed is documentation on what exactly the controller & dma chip used for the Neo-CD's CD-ROM access (and some other nifty things).

Well seems that I was lucky enough today to at least find something about the NeoGeo CD DMA controllers,

In this specific status log from Xe 'Multi System Emulator' the author ask for information about it...

Neo CD status     05/05/05

Neo CD:

Finished the CD controller. The BIOS is now able to recognize a Neo CD disc. The 1st screen shot shows the "PUSH START BUTTON" message. This message only appears when a Neo CD disc inserted. It's still not able to boot any game. Emulation of the Neo CD won't get any further without the information on the DMA & IRQ controllers.

If anyone has any information on the LC8953 (any information beside the datasheet) or Sanyo programmable DMA controllers please contact me.

so I started looking for info and found this...

http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/sanyo/ds_pdf_e/LC8953.pdf

Maybe that can be useful ^^

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin: