Author Topic: Project - Mortal Kombat TMS34010 and Williams ADPCM Sound Board in FBA  (Read 5865 times)

Offline SeiferAlmasy

• MAME's FAN (Since 1997)
    • vgBR - Videogames Brasil
Hey Folks!!

Today i start to convert / write a driver to FBA, my first.

Mandatory is a TMS34010 and Williams ADPCM emulation, thats it not found in FBA, but i have a few questions about M6809E and others sound chips... like a YM2151, DAC and OKI6295

These chips are emulated or partially emulated in FBA?

In mame source code has a huge information about these chips, a translation or conversion of these drivers to FBA is impossible?

Thanks

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Hey Folks!!

Today i start to convert / write a driver to FBA, my first.

Mandatory is a TMS34010 and Williams ADPCM emulation, thats it not found in FBA, but i have a few questions about M6809E and others sound chips... like a YM2151, DAC and OKI6295

These chips are emulated or partially emulated in FBA?

In mame source code has a huge information about these chips, a translation or conversion of these drivers to FBA is impossible?

Thanks
I would HIGHLY suggest trying to port something a little simpler first. The chips are not emulated in FBA at this point, though ROMHACK has started a port. You may want to speak with him first.

Offline SeiferAlmasy

Thanks for advice iq...

I try a simple first, i'll talk to the Romhack going and keeping a conversation about

Offline SeiferAlmasy

I need to study more, in fact.

I did not know Romhack was Brazilian, it helps a little, try to contact him.

First I'm trying to emulate the chips one by one in single emulators.

And some doubt that I would like answered if possible.

Is there some way to compile the FBA graphically, so that changes in the source code can be tested without compiling it all again?

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
I need to study more, in fact.

I did not know Romhack was Brazilian, it helps a little, try to contact him.

First I'm trying to emulate the chips one by one in single emulators.

And some doubt that I would like answered if possible.

Is there some way to compile the FBA graphically, so that changes in the source code can be tested without compiling it all again?
iirc Dink has something set up for that. You can also use the some of the compile settings in the makefile to speed things up.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
There is a way to compile just a single source file / driver and link the executable without running make.  First, grab makefilelog.zip and unpack it into your fbalpha source dir.
here: http://sharesend.com/8bapzu52

the included makefile.mingw will echo all the commandlines to stdout, you'll need these to build the 2 scripts: cm and l.sh
first get a makelog.txt log, by running:
Code: [Select]
make mingw471 > makelog.txt 2>&1
now, make the linker script: l.sh by editing makelog.txt, searching for "g++" and cut and paste the entire g++ line into a new file called l.sh
second make a compile script called cm, this requires a bit more effort.  in makelog.txt, look for something like:
Compiling src/burn/drv/capcom/d_cps1.cpp...
gcc -pipe -O1 -mwindows -fforce-addr -finline-limit=120 .... very long line  ....

at the end of this line, it will be "src/burn/drv/capcom/d_cps1.cpp -o obj/47/3ds/burn/drv/capcom/d_cps1.o" cut this off and replace it with "src/burn/$1.cpp -o obj/47/3ds/burn/$1.o"
now take this new line and open the included "cm" script, and replace the "gcc" line in cm with the one you just made.  save :)

using: for example, I was working on burn/drv/pre90s/d_galaga.cpp and I want to compile it and make a new fba executable.
"cm drv/pre90s/d_galaga" to compile it
"l.sh" to link it (aka make the exe)
look at the included l.sh first, you'll see how I also copy the new exe into my fba directory automatically.

I do all my work under bash in windows, if you would rather use dos/cmd instead of bash, you'll have to modify the scripts a bit.

best regards,
- dink

and load the included cm file and paste the end of it into

Offline SeiferAlmasy

Thanks for the tutorial, dink.

On the part of the bash or cmd, no problem ... I prefer cmd, but can adapt the bash explanations for cmd without major problems.

This will save me VERY time compiling and recompiling code, really know that this can be done is very good and will help a lot.

Thanks again, dink, and thanks iq_132 too.

EDIT: this very, very, VERY useful to edit a singular machine :D :D :D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:49:27 PM by SeiferAlmasy »