Author Topic: Is it posible to copy lua implementation from fba-rr to fba? any pointers?  (Read 4647 times)

Offline Zetax

I'm a programmer and i suppose is kind of possible to have the fba code and just add the files from fba-rr and then compile everything and test it. but i also know it may not be that easy. Any one can help me in givin me directions in how to start on this? what i should take in account etc?

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
The lua is very tightly integrated into fba-rr, and considering how vastly different current fba is from fba-rr, it would be very challenging to reintegrate it.
Tips, well, get FBA to compile first w/mingw (or however you'd like to compile it).  From there on, good luck :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline Zetax

The lua is very tightly integrated into fba-rr, and considering how vastly different current fba is from fba-rr, it would be very challenging to reintegrate it.
Tips, well, get FBA to compile first w/mingw (or however you'd like to compile it).  From there on, good luck :)

best regards,
- dink
What i really want is to be able to save in a macro file(.mis) all the inputs in an FBA recording (.fr files) would you recommend i try to implement lua scripts to fba or is it possible any other way (like changing FBM (fba-rr record files) back to FR files?? (tried with an hex editor but failed) Please i promise not to ask anymore if you help me with this. Is there anyway i can acomplish this you recommend??. Regards.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
I really don't know if it would even be possible.  One thing I can recommend is if you do anything it will have to be with the "record from power on" option, because the other way uses savestate info which is completely unportable between versions of fba due to changes in the cpu & sound core structures.  The "record from power on" option basically records just the input info and a little header data.  Though, it is dynhuffman compressed input data.

Good luck,
- dink