Author Topic: Naomi emulation on future version of FBA? Fightcade 2?  (Read 4653 times)

Offline silent-ninja

Naomi emulation on future version of FBA? Fightcade 2?
« on: May 20, 2018, 06:48:11 PM »
Hello. This is mainly a question for the developers. Me and other members of the marvel vs capcom 1 community have been playing mvc1 on ggpo since it came out, and have since then switched over to fightcade since ggpo officially shut down some years back.

With Fightcade 2 about to be released, I've noticed a lot more support of different systems in the newer version of FBA that it's utilizing. So my question is, eventually is it possible for us to see Naomi support on FBA? This would give the mvc community a new avenue to play MvC2 using GGPO/Fightcade rollback based netcode online, and would spark heavy interest in the series again.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: Naomi emulation on future version of FBA? Fightcade 2?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 07:05:51 PM »
No plans for Naomi/Atomiswave/dc/Hikaru. Ever.

Offline silent-ninja

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 07:26:18 PM »
Too much to ask for a quick summary of why it's not possible?

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 07:51:11 PM »
FBA doesn't: A. Support the sh4 cpu. B. Have any dynarec framework at all, so supporting a sh4 would be a massive task. C. We doesn't have support for the sound chips. Those are complex. D. We don't have any of the the pvr graphics chips emulated. This is large part because FBA has zero framework for 3D, polygon-based graphics. E. I and AFAIK, everyone else on the team have zero interest or the vast knowledge required to add support for it to FBA. F. here's the good news! FBA is open source! If someone else wants to add support for something we don't, we're all for it!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:05:55 PM by iq_132 »