Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 85202 times)

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2016, 02:01:01 AM »
If you haven't already, you should try Banpresto Mazinger Z... IMHO a very good vertical shoot'em up with the Go Nagai's mecha robots (Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger and Grendizer)... ;)

Offline Pityesz

• Ultimate Knight
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2016, 11:43:55 AM »
Thanks for the tip, I will look after that game. But if shooters or shmups there is two awesome title I must mention:

Ether Vapor (the Remaster version)
AsteBreed

Both of these are dynamic 3D scrolling shooters for PC. Totally worth a look.  :smilie:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:20:16 PM by Pityesz »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2016, 09:16:58 PM »
One of my favorite new additions is Alligator Hunt.  If you aren't familiar with this game, don't judge it solely on the name, it has nothing to do with hunting alligators. :)  Its actually quite similar to Blood Bros. & Cabal, but even more addictive.  If you want to get hooked on an awesome classic game, this is it.  It gets even better if you play it with a friend, but its still really great with just one player.

best regards & happy classic-gaming,
- dink

Offline synnchan

• aka: synnae
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2016, 11:15:35 AM »
I've been playing NeoGeo's Zupapa lately. The game is pretty cute and fun. :) I even just posted a video about it to my YouTube channel!

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2016, 08:41:18 AM »
MERCS on cps1  :biggrin:

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2016, 09:18:04 PM »
I finished 2 loops of the best version*(IMO) of one of my favorite games ever - Ghouls 'n Ghosts (Dai MakaiMura) on SGX (PCE) and recorded a bit of my duel with lucifer and the awesome ending cutscene w/ baddie introduction.  This was probably the 30th or 40th time I've done this with this version of the game, so no tricks/cheats/etc were used here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmn4y1EV4w4
Check out that awesome music :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline synnchan

« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2016, 07:58:03 AM »
I love Ghouls 'n Ghosts. ^-^ I managed to clear the two loops of the arcade version on the hardest difficulty without tricks/cheats once, but recently I tried again and failed miserably. I guess I'm too rusty at it now. :redface:

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2016, 07:53:24 AM »
Its a wicked game, even on normal difficulty :) Usually if I stop playing for more than a few months I have to do a few practice runs before I can do the full 2 loop run.    Last night I did the first one (GNG) without any pause breaks, Not bring able to shoot up throws me off for a few minutes.. d'oh! :)

I love Ghouls 'n Ghosts. ^-^ I managed to clear the two loops of the arcade version on the hardest difficulty without tricks/cheats once, but recently I tried again and failed miserably. I guess I'm too rusty at it now. :redface:

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2016, 09:17:17 AM »
Its a wicked game, even on normal difficulty :) Usually if I stop playing for more than a few months I have to do a few practice runs before I can do the full 2 loop run.    Last night I did the first one (GNG) without any pause breaks, Not bring able to shoot up throws me off for a few minutes.. d'oh! :)

Ghouls'n Ghosts and Ghosts'n Goblins were/are very good and very hard games... but, maybe, the top was reached by Super Ghouls'n Ghosts, "super" in all respects, from beauty to difficulty! ;)

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2016, 11:54:53 PM »
Tonight its Guwange, its basically if you took Ikari warriors and made it a shooter which takes place in some evil hellish world where you have to kill everyone because they are zombies.. or something.  and giant cat-spiders.  If you don't know this game, play it, its one of my favorites.  that's all..

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2016, 11:40:59 PM »
The heat is on, literally.  It's hell on earth summer gametime 2016.  Enjoy your wall-of-heat.  It's free, just go out ya front door!

Tonight I did the first loop of Progear and Cyvern on a single coin, no cheats or states*.
Tomorrow I shall attempt the 2nd loop. yea!!

*(except for saving the end of the first loops to continue later)

best regards,
- dink

Offline Freddy

« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2016, 05:29:52 PM »
Hello folks....
I'm playing Street Fighter: The Movie.
Yeaaah, I never played before, by mere prejudice. But I tried and guess what? I liked the game!
I saw the movie too, when I was a kid, in the school with my friends.
A little nostalgia in all of that.

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2016, 01:20:55 AM »
Hello folks....
I'm playing Street Fighter: The Movie.
Yeaaah, I never played before, by mere prejudice. But I tried and guess what? I liked the game!
I saw the movie too, when I was a kid, in the school with my friends.
A little nostalgia in all of that.

Hi ! ;)
I saw the movie too... IIRC in Italy it came out during the 1995... The movie (IMHO) was a very bad transposition of the original game idea, but the game could be "a whole different story" (it should be the only "Street Fighter" game with digitized characters) ! ;) At present Street Fighter the Movie isn't emulated by FB Alpha, the "Incredible Technology 32" board is not between the supported arcade boards... who knows, maybe in a near or far future! ;)

Offline synnchan

« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2016, 01:12:28 PM »
Last game I played on FBA was Great Mahou Daisakusen (known as Dimahoo in the west). It's a pretty hard manic shooter and the score system is rather complex at first, but it looks, sounds and plays really well. I like it. :)

I posted a video about it to my YouTube channel yesterday, btw!

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2016, 02:40:48 PM »
Great Mahou Daisakusen is up there on my top shooters list, I really like the charge shot & collecting items aspect to it :)