Author Topic: CPS3 Games not working, HELP  (Read 10772 times)

Offline ADP

CPS3 Games not working, HELP
« on: February 25, 2008, 08:50:03 AM »
Hi there, first of all, great job to all those who have helped develop this great emulator.

Now then, I am having a strange problem that I just cannot work out, when I heard that CPS3 was now working in Final burn, I started using Final Burn Alpha Shuffle, it works fine.  Then I came across Final Burn Alpha Enhanced, It seems more up-to-date so I gave it a try.

All the games work fine, apart from the CPS3 games.  They are showing a grey coloured symbol next to them.  When I click to play them I get the message "This game is not working. Load it anyway?".  When I click "YES" I get the message "GURU MEDITATION #C0000005.005C7A6E".

I generated a romcenter Data file from Final Burn Alpha Enhanced R15, and then checked the roms with Romcenter, and romcenter reports that all the roms are verified.  Yet the emulator will not play them, all the roms are in zip files.  I find it strange because the latest Final Burn Alpha build v0.29.74 is doing the same thing, but Final burn Alpha Shuffle works.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: CPS3 Games not working, HELP
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:35:49 AM »
Erm... the "Game Not Working" doesn't give it away? :p

Really though, those games don't work.  Try the ones with "No CD" in the title.

Offline Lemonzest

• Newbies
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 11:47:02 AM »
ALL cps3 games working fine here in both FBA Enhanced and FBA .74, i used cmp 0.111a to build my sets.

Offline ADP

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 01:43:14 PM »
Erm... the "Game Not Working" doesn't give it away? :p

Really though, those games don't work.  Try the ones with "No CD" in the title.

Thanks for the reply,  I did actually manage to get the Japan version of SF3 Third Strike working, I didn't have (SFiii3n) file.

I don't understand how you said the other games don't work, because they work in the Shuffle build of FB Alpha.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 03:48:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply,  I did actually manage to get the Japan version of SF3 Third Strike working, I didn't have (SFiii3n) file.

I don't understand how you said the other games don't work, because they work in the Shuffle build of FB Alpha.

Ok first of all I greatly doubt that FBA Shuffle emulate the CPS3 CD-ROM drivers because it is not implemented + you would need the CHDs too, probably what happen with FBA Shuffle is that is patching the CD-ROM tests, the regions so it 'simulates' the CD-ROM and not emulate it correctly.

So there is no point on using those 'simulated' drivers because it's the same as using the NOCD drivers  :p..btw, it's more accurate to use NOCD sets than the simulated.

Finally, that's why the official FBA have the CPS3 drivers that way, because it's the correct way...until the CD-ROM have been emulated correctly.

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline ADP

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 05:31:12 PM »
Ok first of all I greatly doubt that FBA Shuffle emulate the CPS3 CD-ROM drivers because it is not implemented + you would need the CHDs too, probably what happen with FBA Shuffle is that is patching the CD-ROM tests, the regions so it 'simulates' the CD-ROM and not emulate it correctly.

So there is no point on using those 'simulated' drivers because it's the same as using the NOCD drivers  :p..btw, it's more accurate to use NOCD sets than the simulated.

Finally, that's why the official FBA have the CPS3 drivers that way, because it's the correct way...until the CD-ROM have been emulated correctly.

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Thanks for that, I'm starting to understand.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 03:46:00 AM »

Because they don't.  Honestly... occasionally I do know what I'm talking about. :p