Author Topic: Bootleg verification project  (Read 10034 times)

Offline X-or

• Newbies
Bootleg verification project
« on: November 05, 2005, 08:29:24 AM »
I've been away for a while and lost track (and to tell the truth, interest) about all neogeo bootleg related stuffs. I deleted most of my data unfortunately and now I'm back only to find more hack/bootlegs.... -.-

Now is it possible to sort which of these hack/bootlegs are true (ie dumped from pcb) and which are computer hacks run in mamecabs
For that purpose I opened this thread to verify as much hacks/bootlegs as possible
Can you please post any evidence you can gather of existing hack/bootlegs
By evidence I mean pictures of the PCBs (no in-game screenshots because this isn't a proof...think mamecabs...)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 10:46:38 AM by X-or »

Offline KaNyErO

Re: Bootleg verification project
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 06:48:02 AM »
Hi x-or how long !

:biggrin:

As you know the neogeo bootleg scene is very hard to track. There are too many bootlegs dumped/undumped, but the main problem is that even if we could create a list of bootlegs, we could not verify that the dump is complete. There are too many bootlegs that need a redump for C/M/V roms, because most of them are only partial dumped. There are too many undumped boots, and the main problem: too many mamecab/homemade hacks that could be identified as real boots: for example kof2k4spe magic plus was a homemade hack but many ppl thought it was a real dump.

I´ll get mad if i had to track all NG Boots.  :idiot:

But i think the best would be to ask dumpers, because they have better information that us.

Nice to see you again man !

Offline dorriGa

Re: Bootleg verification project
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 06:45:25 PM »
like the olds times :D

if I get some pics from bootlegs, I will send you X-or.

kanyero.... cuano tiempo sin verte también a ti :D

saludos.