Author Topic: When i play Street fighter 3 third strike I HAVE PROBLEMS  (Read 28102 times)

Offline sswizzbbeatss

When i play Street fighter 3 third strike I HAVE PROBLEMS
« on: June 26, 2009, 05:48:35 PM »
It still runs but i cant see any players, and The map have a big line in the middle yea..
do u guys know how to fix that problem?
This was the FB Alpha Warning
sfiii3.zip was found (roms\sfiii3.zip).

The following ROMs are invalid:
  • essential BIOS ROM sfiii3_usa.29f400.u2 has a CRC of 74205250 (correct is ECC545C1).
  • essential program ROM 10 has a CRC of 77233D39 (correct is BA7F76B2).

The ROMset exhibits the following problems:
  • essential data is invalid, the game might not run!
  • program data is invalid.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 05:50:23 PM by sswizzbbeatss »

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: When i play Street fighter 3 third strike I HAVE PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 07:41:43 PM »
you have the wrong roms for this set. Make sure when you find the correct sets that you use the no-cd version as well as the cd versions generally don't work.

• essential BIOS ROM sfiii3_usa.29f400.u2 has a CRC of 74205250 (correct is ECC545C1).

Offline Moyt

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 05:48:39 PM »
It's been yeeeeeeeeeeeears since I’ve last used an emu, but hell whata nice time to return with CPS3
Well anyways lol I have a few probs myself with SF3 3rdS as well as a few questions.

1. I seem to have problems with cheats for this game. When I try to enable infinite power for example (because I’m trash at fighter’s haah) it will come up with an error and crash. I can only assume it's not compatible with the cheat file I’m trying to use? I downloaded the cheat.dat files from Pugsy's website for mame 0.126 and used that with fba. Cheat file seems to work for other games such as for cps2 and neo geo.

2. I have difficulty running the USA versions of 3rd strike (unless I mess about with the files). Sorry if this is a dumb question but can fba read the cd chd files?
The only way I got the USA version running eventually was to change the chd to .img format using chdman.... THEN I extracted the files from the .img file using Isobuster and put all those files in the SFiii.zip file. And presto USA version running fine..... I’m sure I could have done something a lot more simple like just putting the chd file in a simple location or something haha........ But I haven’t a clue so please let me know where I’ve gone wrong.  :biggrin:

Well I mean I can run all this with cheats no probs using latest mameui64 that I just tried out. But I like the GUI of FBA and its more user friendly for beat'em ups so I rather stick with this emu.

Oh just an off topic question for this thread as well.
How many current version of FBA are there?? Is there an FBA out there that has more game drivers listed? I’m really looking for one that has more of those cheap and nasty kof hacks in, just don't ask me why I would want to play them haha  :p
I guess I could just play around with some of the clone set roms and replace them with the hacks to run if there's no crc checks right?

Well all the best for the FBA emu, its def one of my favourite emu's right now  :cool:

Thanks!

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 03:11:57 AM »
Oh just an off topic question for this thread as well.
How many current version of FBA are there?? Is there an FBA out there that has more game drivers listed? I’m really looking for one that has more of those cheap and nasty kof hacks in, just don't ask me why I would want to play them haha  :p
I guess I could just play around with some of the clone set roms and replace them with the hacks to run if there's no crc checks right?

Well all the best for the FBA emu, its def one of my favourite emu's right now  :cool:

Thanks!

The official version is the only one that adds new drivers in the main. For the hacks the best thing to do is use the IPS patching functionality. Saves bloating the drivers with crap. :)
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline Leaf

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 08:21:16 AM »
1. I seem to have problems with cheats for this game. When I try to enable infinite power for example (because I’m trash at fighter’s haah) it will come up with an error and crash. I can only assume it's not compatible with the cheat file I’m trying to use? I downloaded the cheat.dat files from Pugsy's website for mame 0.126 and used that with fba. Cheat file seems to work for other games such as for cps2 and neo geo.
The game only use one sh2 cpu but the cheat try to open the second so cause the crash.
This is a small issue in the new cheat system. :)

For the hacks the best thing to do is use the IPS patching functionality. Saves bloating the drivers with crap. :)
agree  ;p
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 08:22:57 AM by Leaf »

Offline Moyt

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 11:45:14 AM »
The official version is the only one that adds new drivers in the main. For the hacks the best thing to do is use the IPS patching functionality. Saves bloating the drivers with crap. :)
I see. I'll stick with the official fba release then. Ahhh now I remember IPS patching, it's been a while :p

The game only use one sh2 cpu but the cheat try to open the second so cause the crash.
This is a small issue in the new cheat system. :)
agree  ;p
Ah so it's not me doing something wrong; cheats for SF3 3s won't work anyway.

Would have looked at this earlier but was trying to make demul emulator run.... what a pain in the ass to set up without any help/readme files(!), and it wasn't even worth it in the end compared to nulldc lol....... apart from being able to play Atomiswave Hokuto No Ken flawless, AMAZING! So I guess it was worth setting up in the end :cool:

Thanks for the replies :smilie:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 11:46:45 AM by Moyt »

Offline maximus

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 08:07:15 PM »
I need to learn to read the rules of any forum that I post at.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 10:25:22 PM by iq_132 »

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 10:25:34 PM »
I need to learn to read the rules of any forum that I post at.

Wow! You do!

Offline rocklite

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 03:30:01 AM »
In my version the emulator lists it as "Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (USA 990512)".

Normally when i go to launch this game from the gui it has no problem at all. however when i try to run it from my .bat launcher it just shows the fba backdrop. There is an error message stopping me from continuing.
In order to even read the message i have to alt+tab twice. this is what it says.

sfiii3.zip was found (C:\MAX210~1\EMULAT~1\FBA_02~1\roms\sfiii3.zip).

once i have closed the error message it seems to run just fine.

Why does this message only appear when i use fba from command line? Is there anyway to disable error reporting when i load roms?

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 08:26:34 AM »
In my version the emulator lists it as "Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (USA 990512)".

Could you be more specific in what version? (it would help if you post the info gathered from FBA menu "Help -> System information")

Normally when i go to launch this game from the gui it has no problem at all. however when i try to run it from my .bat launcher it just shows the fba backdrop. There is an error message stopping me from continuing.
In order to even read the message i have to alt+tab twice. this is what it says.

sfiii3.zip was found (C:\MAX210~1\EMULAT~1\FBA_02~1\roms\sfiii3.zip).

once i have closed the error message it seems to run just fine.

Why does this message only appear when i use fba from command line? Is there anyway to disable error reporting when i load roms?

First of all, it seems you have an outdated version of the ROM 10 of sfiii3n.zip, as FBA displays the correct one have a CRC32 of BA7F76B2

Could you indicate the contents of the .bat file as well?

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 08:27:45 AM by CaptainCPS-X »

Offline rocklite

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 01:46:12 PM »
im usin the lastest official fba 'fba_029708'. just wondering if there was an alternate method of getting past that error msg. woulda been fine if i coulda just pressed ok on it instead of alt+tab'ing in and out of fba first. i guess the only method is just having the right files. anyways this emulator is just great for cps-2 & 3. love the command line support too. i just hate it when you cant disguise the gui well enough, and mame is too slow for my netbook.  its nice to have a 3rd strike icon right next to counter-strike.

i managed to get past the error finding an old rom file "sfiii3a.zip" and renaming it to "sfiii3.zip". on 'sfiii3a' the '10' file was fine, it didnt cause the error message. and its reading as 3 versions now(the two jap ones as well as. (all inclusive. cool)

my batch command points to fba.exe then i point to the rom file "sfiii3.zip".

contents of .bat: start fba.exe sfiii3

it launches like every other rom now. perfectly. thanks.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 03:33:21 PM »
im usin the lastest official fba 'fba_029708'. just wondering if there was an alternate method of getting past that error msg. woulda been fine if i coulda just pressed ok on it instead of alt+tab'ing in and out of fba first. i guess the only method is just having the right files. anyways this emulator is just great for cps-2 & 3. love the command line support too. i just hate it when you cant disguise the gui well enough, and mame is too slow for my netbook.  its nice to have a 3rd strike icon right next to counter-strike.

i managed to get past the error finding an old rom file "sfiii3a.zip" and renaming it to "sfiii3.zip". on 'sfiii3a' the '10' file was fine, it didnt cause the error message. and its reading as 3 versions now(the two jap ones as well as. (all inclusive. cool)

my batch command points to fba.exe then i point to the rom file "sfiii3.zip".

contents of .bat: start fba.exe sfiii3

it launches like every other rom now. perfectly. thanks.

Nice to see your problem has been solved  :smilie:, btw if you have recommendations for FBA like some feature feel free to post it, if it's something that might be useful for general users I might try to add it at some point if I have the time, like for example the idea of making FBA UI minimal sounds good if you don't want to use all the interface and just want easy game loading.

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin: