Author Topic: The Gladiator - Road To Sword/Shen Jian  (Read 10717 times)

Offline Rick74

The Gladiator - Road To Sword/Shen Jian
« on: August 21, 2013, 01:27:10 PM »
Hi. First post here. Been a huge NeoGeo fan since 1992, and I've just started discovering the PGM IGS games through emulation... Great stuff!!!  I wanted to confirm that 'The Gladiator - Road To Sword' is NOT working in FBA? Is it even working in MAME? Is it still being worked on?

While i have FBA on my PC, I've mostly been using FBA through RetroArch on my Nexus 7 to play NeoGeo and CPS games.

I really want to play Gladiator - Road To Sword.. But before I invest any more time into looking and trying to get it to work, I wanted to see what the story was with getting it to work, if it's even possible...

Thanks in advance

Offline Haze

• MAME Devs
Re: The Gladiator - Road To Sword/Shen Jian
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 05:37:52 PM »
it doesn't work in either.

it's possible it will never work.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 09:03:49 PM »
Hi. First post here. Been a huge NeoGeo fan since 1992, and I've just started discovering the PGM IGS games through emulation... Great stuff!!!  I wanted to confirm that 'The Gladiator - Road To Sword' is NOT working in FBA? Is it even working in MAME? Is it still being worked on?

While i have FBA on my PC, I've mostly been using FBA through RetroArch on my Nexus 7 to play NeoGeo and CPS games.

I really want to play Gladiator - Road To Sword.. But before I invest any more time into looking and trying to get it to work, I wanted to see what the story was with getting it to work, if it's even possible...

Thanks in advance

To elaborate, the game has two main cpus. The one has a rom built into the actual cpu. It is (nearly?) impossible to extract that rom. The game absolutely will not run without it. That's pretty much where we're at.

Haze (the poster above me) is the one responsible for getting Demon Front running. It has the same setup as The Gladiator and a few others. It only works by sheer luck, a dirty hack, and the fact that the developers of that particular game didn't give a sh** about actually taking advantage of the internal rom.

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 09:08:01 PM »
It's the only still unemulated IGS/PGM game that i really would like to play i have a thing for roaming beat em ups
i still keep my fingers crossed to see it in FBA one day

Offline Rick74

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 10:34:13 PM »
It's the only still unemulated IGS/PGM game that i really would like to play i have a thing for roaming beat em ups
i still keep my fingers crossed to see it in FBA one day

1000%

Offline Rick74

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 02:35:41 PM »
So I see this is working now? Awesome! Do I need to wait for a new release, or should this work on v.2.97.30?

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 06:47:03 PM »
So I see this is working now? Awesome! Do I need to wait for a new release, or should this work on v.2.97.30?
Pretty much a new release. I'm hoping to pester Barry into one soon. lol I should probably add a few things yet though. :( So busy.

I'm really not happy being on the kawaks release schedule.

Offline Abia045

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 01:43:38 AM »
Second problem, is that when I use command line and select a screen resolution, FBA always open in  a window not fullscreen, for example
***AbiA***

Offline SeiferAlmasy

• MAME's FAN (Since 1997)
    • vgBR - Videogames Brasil
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 01:41:08 PM »
Haze saying "never" is worrying to me: p

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 03:55:33 PM »
Haze saying "never" is worrying to me: p

Well, it does work - I played it a bit today in FBA :)