Author Topic: Proper layer disabling?  (Read 3987 times)

Offline AyanamiRei0

Proper layer disabling?
« on: November 03, 2018, 04:03:36 PM »
I'm trying to rip some sprites from a Neo Geo CD game and while FBA can disable layers it does it rather poorly with multiple games I tested. disabling Layer 1 disables everything the sprites and the background while I'm only trying to disable the backgrounds Kawaks is able to do all that no issue even allowing me to change the background colour to something that isn't black.

However Kawaks doesn't support NGCD games at all and to my knowledge there really isn't an emulator that can emulate the NGCD and is able to disable the layers correctly.

So pretty much what I'm asking for is for FBA to be able to disable the layers correctly basically like Kawaks.

Thanks

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: Proper layer disabling?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 07:43:34 PM »
In reality, neogeo only has 2 layers - the text layer (layer2 in sfact.) and the sprite layer (layer1).  That's what we allow enable/disabling of.  Looking at both the source of fba and mame, I can't really figure out what designates the sprite data to be different sizes like Kawaks does.  If someone could give me a hand with that, it would probably be trivial to add it to the s.factory thing.

best regards,
- dink

Offline AyanamiRei0

Re: Proper layer disabling?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 10:14:10 PM »
It does appear Kawaks does disable the sprites themselves as seen in this picture I've colour coded everything for ease