Author Topic: Gyruss sound?  (Read 6215 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Gyruss sound?
« on: March 31, 2014, 05:17:24 PM »
I need someone to verify this - is there any sound in the game Gyruss with FB Alpha?

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: Gyruss sound?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 06:46:16 PM »
Last I knew there is. The AY is definitely missing some discrete filtering, but it is mostly there.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 12:50:44 AM »
All I can get is a weird buzzing noise playing along with occasional sfx, sometimes if I hit reset a few times and start, the in-game tune will play, but really really fast, and only play once without looping during the gameplay.
I thought I might have been loosing it since I havn't been sleeping well lately  :p  Thats why I ask :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline 1664

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 01:44:35 AM »
Same here. the tune sometimes plays a little, but it soon stops and usually ends up with what sounds like the sfx getting stuck on.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 04:21:47 PM »
Thanks for your input,

best regards,
- dink

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 05:17:45 PM »
I'll have to dig into it. That's weird. :(

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 01:45:35 PM »
Yeah, i know this is a bad thing to bump old topics, but i was wondering if fbalpha's gyruss sound was not slightly off compared to mame's ? At first i thought it was only a volume issue (sound volume seems kinda low in fbalpha for this game), but now i'm starting to think this is more than a simple volume issue. I tried playing around with samplerate and interpolation, but nothing felt close to the sound in mame (version 0.78, i didn't check with later mame) for this game.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 06:07:17 PM »
Yeah, i know this is a bad thing to bump old topics, but i was wondering if fbalpha's gyruss sound was not slightly off compared to mame's ? At first i thought it was only a volume issue (sound volume seems kinda low in fbalpha for this game), but now i'm starting to think this is more than a simple volume issue. I tried playing around with samplerate and interpolation, but nothing felt close to the sound in mame (version 0.78, i didn't check with later mame) for this game.

Of course, this thread is basically about the time when sound/music in Gyruss didn't work at all (pre-.35).

Basically, I set Gyruss up how I like it to sound.  I didn't like how it sounds in MAME.  Though, now that you mention it - I would like to revise it a little bit to make certain things louder.

bye for now & best regards,
- dink

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 02:00:50 AM »
Basically, I set Gyruss up how I like it to sound.  I didn't like how it sounds in MAME.  Though, now that you mention it - I would like to revise it a little bit to make certain things louder.
It seems they rebalanced sound/volume with version 0.93/0.94, the 0.78 version (mame2003-libretro) sounds really nice though.