Author Topic: fba SDL?  (Read 7505 times)

Offline jugoso

• Newbies
fba SDL?
« on: March 01, 2009, 02:11:50 PM »
What happened with fba SDL? Is anyone maintaining this?

kev

Re: fba SDL?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 02:39:44 PM »
It's not totally dead. I have made a few updates since the last version but they are currently locked away on my linux partition awaiting some time to reinstall grub.

Offline jugoso

• Newbies
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 07:39:35 PM »
Can I help you in any way? I'd like to get involved in this project, specially with a GUI. I can also help you reinstall grub :)

kev

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 06:42:29 PM »
Not much that can be helped with really unless you have some way of adding extra hours to a day.

Fixing the bootloader is trivial but I just don't have the time to do it on a whim but I will get there eventually. It took me almost a year to post the last source tho, so it might be worth just taking a look at merging in the latest version of the burn lib to the SDL frontend. Most of the time that should be pretty easy, assuming the code is still online somewhere.

The only other things I have of note are a fixed sound core and some small opengl improvements. Kind of annoying as I really like working with SDL on Linux can could do with the practice.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 07:07:31 PM »
I would loooove to see FBA ported fully to linux. ^^ I'd actually be able to give up windows then.

Offline KaaMoS

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 09:58:58 AM »
I've at least two reasons because I'm using Windows instead of Linux (ubuntu, my fave).

1. FBA is not supported.
2. Less important things like I can't use some portable applications or tools.

I do want to change to ubuntu 100%

Please, cheer up!!! :D

Offline jugoso

• Newbies
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 09:36:25 PM »
I hope more and more people get interested on this after Open Pandora is released. I (quickly) installed sdlmame on an ubuntu machine and had input delay from hell.