Author Topic: dink's FBA Development & Fixes thread  (Read 197764 times)

Offline Gab75

• Advanced Member
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
Re: dink's FBA Development & Fixes thread
« Reply #1380 on: November 21, 2017, 10:04:05 am »
Excellent work! Now FBA has the best emulated version of Night Slashers! The alpha blended objects are rendered very well ! :)

Offline Combone

• Newbies
« Reply #1381 on: November 23, 2017, 01:09:05 pm »
Wonderfull work in Night Slashers :smilie:

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • feed the horse yumyum
« Reply #1382 on: November 25, 2017, 10:33:49 pm »
Gab75 & Combone, thanks! :)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • feed the horse yumyum
« Reply #1383 on: November 29, 2017, 10:36:45 pm »
Major Title (Irem M72 Hardware) is now working in FBAlpha :)

after / before fix s.shots:

Offline Stifu

« Reply #1384 on: November 30, 2017, 05:07:18 pm »
My comment comes a bit late, but about the 3rd Night Slashers screenshot, I feel like the old guy's portrait should be displayed above the dialogue box (as it used to be). Unfortunately, I have no way to check whether this is really how it's supposed to be...

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • feed the horse yumyum
« Reply #1385 on: November 30, 2017, 06:23:31 pm »
My comment comes a bit late, but about the 3rd Night Slashers screenshot, I feel like the old guy's portrait should be displayed above the dialogue box (as it used to be). Unfortunately, I have no way to check whether this is really how it's supposed to be...

I thought so too, and thats how I had originally had it... but, after watching some recordings from PCB - the way it's displayed now is correct.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Stifu

« Reply #1386 on: November 30, 2017, 06:35:41 pm »
Alright, thanks for confirming.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • feed the horse yumyum
« Reply #1387 on: December 03, 2017, 12:32:27 am »
I have some more good news to announce, it's something that I wished was fixed since Moo Mesa, Bucky O'Hare & Mystic Warriors / Violent Storm was first emulated in FBAlpha. (.32!)  If you've played these games theres no doubt you've noticed the clicks that play audibly whenever certain sfx or voices play in these games...which can be super annoying especially if you're playing with headphones.  Well, after a couple days of messing around / trying different things I finally conjured up a perfect fix for all of the clicks in the K054539 chip.  I tried several times in the past to get it right, but with little luck - so I'm really happy about this :)   So, with the next version of FBAlpha you'll not only be able to play Moo Mesa to the end without crap covering the endboss scene, you'll also get click free sound..  both for the first time, in any emulator.   Oh yea! \o/

best regards,
- dink

Offline hursit

• Newbies
« Reply #1388 on: December 03, 2017, 06:37:59 am »
I have some more good news to announce, it's something that I wished was fixed since Moo Mesa, Bucky O'Hare & Mystic Warriors / Violent Storm was first emulated in FBAlpha. (.32!)  If you've played these games theres no doubt you've noticed the clicks that play audibly whenever certain sfx or voices play in these games...which can be super annoying especially if you're playing with headphones.  Well, after a couple days of messing around / trying different things I finally conjured up a perfect fix for all of the clicks in the K054539 chip.  I tried several times in the past to get it right, but with little luck - so I'm really happy about this :)   So, with the next version of FBAlpha you'll not only be able to play Moo Mesa to the end without crap covering the endboss scene, you'll also get click free sound..  both for the first time, in any emulator.   Oh yea! \o/

best regards,
- dink

That is the great info.
So, in the mame there is some graphical glitches and some problems. Especially with Bucky. Can we say FBA is emulated these games %100 perfectly with this latest sound fix ?

Thanks...

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • feed the horse yumyum
« Reply #1389 on: December 03, 2017, 08:48:47 am »
That is the great info.
So, in the mame there is some graphical glitches and some problems. Especially with Bucky. Can we say FBA is emulated these games %100 perfectly with this latest sound fix ?

Thanks...

I really only worked on the video issues in Moo Mesa, could you give me some examples of graphics glitches in Bucky, so I can check them out? (screenshots are preferrable)  I was really only aware of the occasional lines in the expanded/zoom sprites. 

thanks,
- dink

Offline hursit

• Newbies
« Reply #1390 on: December 03, 2017, 04:17:37 pm »
I really only worked on the video issues in Moo Mesa, could you give me some examples of graphics glitches in Bucky, so I can check them out? (screenshots are preferrable)  I was really only aware of the occasional lines in the expanded/zoom sprites. 

thanks,
- dink

Hello
There is a problem in the main intro. The logo is showing up but when it will disable there is a small problem in MAME. But there is not in FBA.I couldn't catch it well but when you test it you can see.

https://i.hizliresim.com/8NRX4a.png
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 04:18:42 pm by hursit »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • feed the horse yumyum
« Reply #1391 on: December 03, 2017, 08:46:48 pm »
Hi hursit,
Here's a quick test-video to show how it looks in the current development version of FBA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTts_20nuvg
At first when I enabled the alpha blending for bucky, we had the same problem as MAME (seen in your picture below), but after a little debugging I found that the alpha layer needs to be displayed after the sprites under a certain priority condition, and this made the blending/fades look really smooth without any empty space behind the title logo :)

best regards,
- dink

Hello
There is a problem in the main intro. The logo is showing up but when it will disable there is a small problem in MAME. But there is not in FBA.I couldn't catch it well but when you test it you can see.

https://i.hizliresim.com/8NRX4a.png

Offline barbudreadmon

• Expert
  • lr-fbalpha developer
« Reply #1392 on: December 04, 2017, 01:41:26 am »
Nice work :)

Offline hursit

• Newbies
« Reply #1393 on: December 05, 2017, 05:21:54 am »
Hi hursit,
Here's a quick test-video to show how it looks in the current development version of FBA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTts_20nuvg
At first when I enabled the alpha blending for bucky, we had the same problem as MAME (seen in your picture below), but after a little debugging I found that the alpha layer needs to be displayed after the sprites under a certain priority condition, and this made the blending/fades look really smooth without any empty space behind the title logo :)

best regards,
- dink

Wow it is great now. Thanks..

Offline Gab75

• Advanced Member
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #1394 on: December 05, 2017, 03:08:14 pm »
@dink: you are the "alpha blending emulation" magician! ;)

... a little O.T. : I remember my "SEGA Saturn" days (about 21-22 years ago), the hardware management of translucencies (alpha blending effects) was very limited... IIRC the Saturn can only manage the alpha channel between the layers... in few words, all sprites/polygons are generated in the same layer, so they can be translucent with other layers (e.g. with the background layer/s), but they can't be translucent among them (in a 3D object this is a big limitation)...