Author Topic: NEO-GEO CD Covers  (Read 3941 times)

Offline garth88

NEO-GEO CD Covers
« on: December 14, 2015, 04:21:04 AM »
What's the naming convention to get the "Front Cover" and "Back Cover" working in the Select Game (Neo Geo CDZ)? Can't seen to find in mentioned anywhere?

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
Re: NEO-GEO CD Covers
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 12:05:03 PM »
I'm not sure, but the naming convention should be as follows: "ISO name"-front.png and "ISO name"-back.png
The covers should be put in the <"FBA-workdir"/support/neocdz> folder.

Offline garth88

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 05:16:30 PM »
Tried "ISO Name"-front.png, "ISO Name" -front.png, "shortname"-front.png, "shortname" -front.png, "CUE Name"-front.png, and "CUE Name" -front.png. nothing working yet

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 01:39:56 AM »
Unfortunately I don't know, but maybe the ISOs must have specific "names", as the ROMs...
In any case I found this old topic, perhaps it can be useful: http://http://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=1776.msg12736#msg12736

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 01:53:10 AM »
Tried "ISO Name"-front.png, "ISO Name" -front.png, "shortname"-front.png, "shortname" -front.png, "CUE Name"-front.png, and "CUE Name" -front.png. nothing working yet

This is just an assumption... maybe the ISO filename must be limited to "8 characters length" (without special characters), as the filenames of zipped ROMs... you can try to rename your Neo Geo CD ISOs and related Covers PNGs and see if they work properly!

PS: maybe you already tried it with your "shortname" attempt... obviously the ISOs and PNGs must have the same filename (e.g. test.iso test-front.png and test-back.png).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:14:48 AM by Gab75 »