Author Topic: FBA4PSP bug report  (Read 8269 times)

Offline OOKAMI

• Newbies
FBA4PSP bug report
« on: July 27, 2008, 03:27:37 AM »
Hi

I have make some test about final burn for PSP

for the moment, all bugs i have detected :

CONSOLE ==> PSP SLIM

- after i have play with a CPS2 game, the emulator dont want to load a new game like NEOGEO
i think the rom is not completely free in memory

NEOGEO

- METAL SLUG => work perfect
- SAMURAI SHODOWN 5 SPECIAL => cant be loaded by the emulator

CAVE

- GUWANGE => detected but not working, maybe a problem with driver file, i will verify this more late

PGM

- DODONPACHI => work perfect at 222 MHZ

SYSTEM 16

cant possible to make a compilation correctly because many errors like variable not defined

MISC

- GALPANIC => working but not in full size on PSP and if you have play to a game previously, you have at the other side of the screen the image of previously game

I make an update soon for other games

pics for see bugs and good games

see you later :)

UPDATE

CAVE

- DONPACHI => work perfect

« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 04:41:29 AM by OOKAMI »

Offline OopsWare

• Expert
Re: FBA4PSP bug report
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 10:46:38 PM »
hi OOKAMI , 1st release of FBA4PSP just a WIP , many function is NOT been done .
for the size of PSP texture must be power of 2, i define all game screen pitch to 512,
but simply set nBurnPitch to 1024 will not take effect only except CAPCOM CPS1 and CPS2,
you can find BUILD_PSP define switch in drivers i'v fixed .

PSP CLIM have 50M free memory for user. we can ONLY alloc 40M for GAME, and reserve
10M for unzip and ROMLoader ... so cache file is needed for larger games.
but the R4000 CPU in PSP doesn't have MMU or TLB, we can't use mmap to get virtual memory.
and memory manager in libc can't combin memory blocks.

Offline jjoepr

Re: FBA4PSP bug report
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 12:10:05 AM »
I tested the fba4psp cave version on a fat psp 5.00 m33-4 and guwange opens but all graphics are broken sound is perfect and there seems to be no slowdown. I think thta fat psp may be able to run these games as well. Metamoqester  graphics are broken too but there is no slowdown and the sound is perfect. Mazinger graphics are broken but sound is perfect. None of these seem to slowdown at all. ANd to think this is only work in progress. Oopsware you are awesome. I am noone to make demands, I am just reporting what games I've tested as I am a fan of cave driver games.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 12:20:40 AM by jjoepr »