Author Topic: Rotation improvement suggestion  (Read 2971 times)

Offline Zylyx

Rotation improvement suggestion
« on: August 01, 2016, 10:48:02 PM »
Since there was a HUGE miscommunication about what I was referring to, I'm going to ask again (with permission) and I'm going to cover all of the bases as to why I'm asking for this.

I would like to see an option to use the right analog stick for rotation direction handling for games that use it (e.g. TNKIII, etc)

There's a Data East package for Wii that includes Heavy Barrel, but that particular emulation took serious liberties in order to even run reasonably well on the hardware (and considering the hardware in question, it's a feat it runs at all!). The framerate is bad, the sound is off-- the only thing it really has going for it is that the controls were mapped to something that's at least somewhat future proofed.

While MAME is right in taking the accuracy is the most important aspect angle for what they're trying to accomplish, I still can't help but feel these games are still at risk of being "lost" through controls that simply don't map well to modern hardware. It's pretty much guaranteed MAME will never, ever support this kind of control remapping, and FBA seems to be the one place that would consider this as an option. That's important to me because the SNK/DE rotating sticks are likely never going to be mass produced ever again.

So, that said, I would greatly appreciate it if you would consider my request. Please accept my sincere apologies for the misunderstanding earlier as well.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 10:51:08 PM by Zylyx »