Author Topic: What I've been working on (iq_132's work in progress)  (Read 720914 times)

Offline Huggybaby

Re: What I've been working on (iq_132's work in progress)
« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2009, 07:30:18 PM »
No, I didn't!  :eek:

Offline Lim-Dul

• Newbies
« Reply #256 on: August 14, 2009, 06:09:07 AM »
Oh man - so much progress since the last version. When, oh, when will you decide that it finally warrants a release? I want to lay my dirty little hands on all this goodness. ^^

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #257 on: August 14, 2009, 05:49:45 PM »
lol. The what's great for me is that two best games that have been added for the next release haven't even been announced. :)

As for a time, beats me.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #258 on: August 15, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »
I think I might be getting in over my head...

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #259 on: August 15, 2009, 08:32:22 PM »
Improved things a bit :)

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #260 on: August 15, 2009, 08:34:06 PM »
More...

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #261 on: August 15, 2009, 08:34:47 PM »
More...

Offline Huggybaby

« Reply #262 on: August 15, 2009, 10:24:37 PM »
Yay, Psikyo games are a GREAT addition!

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #263 on: August 16, 2009, 03:42:51 AM »
So I managed to improve the games a little.  There are still quite a few bugs and miscellaneous things to implement.

The alignment bug I'm having troubles with with the sprite tiles is the most obvious. The bug with the s1945iii title screen is due to an unimplemented feature.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 03:44:40 AM by iq_132 »

Offline JacKc

• FBNeo Dev
  • Hasta la vista, Baby !
« Reply #264 on: August 16, 2009, 04:59:44 AM »
Incredible  :eek:

iq_132, you rocks !!!

Offline isamu

« Reply #265 on: August 16, 2009, 05:36:11 AM »
The Psikyo games? NIIIIIIIIIIICE! Strikers III, Gunbird,  and Sol Divide....holy shit! Great work IQ keep up the good job bro :)
GENTLEMEN: START YOUR ENGINES!!

Daytona USA is emulated for the PC.

*NOTHING more needs to be said*

Offline isamu

« Reply #266 on: August 16, 2009, 05:37:15 AM »
Incredible  :eek:

iq_132, you rocks !!!

IQ's skills and passion for FBA makes the world go 'round! :D
GENTLEMEN: START YOUR ENGINES!!

Daytona USA is emulated for the PC.

*NOTHING more needs to be said*

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #267 on: August 16, 2009, 08:25:37 AM »
lol thanks. :p

Anyway, I managed to track down one of the few remaining bugs, which fixed most of the graphics problems. :)   I also implemented a bunch of alpha blending stuff.  These games quite seriously alpha blend everything.

The only bug left are some graphics problem with the s1945 games.  From there, the only major things left are to re-write, clean up the drawing routines.

Offline Haze

• MAME Devs
« Reply #268 on: August 16, 2009, 11:41:30 AM »
Mame is still missing some zooming features IIRC (used by the last level on S1945II)  Apparently there are some blending effects in Daraku we're also missing (it looks like they must do the post lineblend colour effects a different way, or the version we have is some kind of proto with the effects missing)

btw the Psikyo4 hardware is more straightforward aside from the dual screen issue (it's only sprites) & for these you'll need the sound interrupt hooked up correctly or you may see the games hang between levels esp in 1945.  Psikyo4 will need the SH2 timer interrupt for controls to work, Sol Divide needs it to drive the music.

If you're feeling brave I'm pretty sure FBA could also handle Kaneko suprnova (and if you want a warm up for that you could just do Jackie Chan which uses the same sprite system but without the nasty tilemaps)  The only weird thing about the sprite system is that the sprites are RLE compressed, but the decompression routine is in MAME.  There are a couple of zooming accuracy issues with it in MAME that can be fudged but right now aren't.

For Jackie Chan the interrupt order is important, if the interrupt order is wrong the game will crash (illegal instruction) after certain game over conditions.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 11:44:25 AM by Haze »

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #269 on: August 16, 2009, 05:26:38 PM »
Mame is still missing some zooming features IIRC (used by the last level on S1945II)  Apparently there are some blending effects in Daraku we're also missing (it looks like they must do the post lineblend colour effects a different way, or the version we have is some kind of proto with the effects missing)
Yeah, I saw some notes in the driver about it. "driver by David Haywood (+ Paul Priest)" lol

btw the Psikyo4 hardware is more straightforward aside from the dual screen issue (it's only sprites)
I'd thought about doing that first, but I don't really give a crap about mahjong games. lol. That being said, Lode Runner does look interesting. ^^

& for these you'll need the sound interrupt hooked up correctly or you may see the games hang between levels esp in 1945.  Psikyo4 will need the SH2 timer interrupt for controls to work, Sol Divide needs it to drive the music.
Already done.  I hooked up the sh2 to FBA's burntimer system in about 3 minutes. lol Sol Divide's music works fine (since we're using the old non-drc sh2 core), and s1945ii && iii work just fine (I just played them all the way through).

If you're feeling brave I'm pretty sure FBA could also handle Kaneko suprnova (and if you want a warm up for that you could just do Jackie Chan which uses the same sprite system but without the nasty tilemaps)  The only weird thing about the sprite system is that the sprites are RLE compressed, but the decompression routine is in MAME.  There are a couple of zooming accuracy issues with it in MAME that can be fudged but right now aren't.

For Jackie Chan the interrupt order is important, if the interrupt order is wrong the game will crash (illegal instruction) after certain game over conditions.
I'll add it to must list under "stuff for when I'm really feeling self-loathing." lol

Thanks Haze. :)

Btw, you can see the bug I was speaking about here: