Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 85141 times)

Offline Stifu

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2018, 04:04:59 PM »
Any thoughts why not mention of SF exactly even if they bought rights or something (it's clearly SF is it not?)
Probably because half of the characters do not come from Street Fighter. On a side note, it's made by Capcom, so they didn't have to buy any rights, the IPs were theirs to use.

Offline Zazie

• Newbies
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2018, 02:43:10 PM »
Robocop... no slowdown in the last 2 levels with FBA!!!

Online dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2018, 03:06:19 PM »
Food Fight, always a great game for relieving stress and other things :)

- dink

Online dink

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2019, 10:14:54 PM »
Crystal Castles - now I can play this forever without dieing.  I still love this game!

Notice anything peculiar about this screenshot? :)  (hint: some people know me as derek)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 10:18:18 PM by dink »

Offline Bad Dude

« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2019, 02:50:15 PM »
I'm trying to end my childhood without success. This game is driving me crazy, but I'm going to finish it. The name of the challenge: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - NES, also avaliable in Playchoice-10. I will beat this game. This is personal!  :mad:

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2019, 03:35:24 PM »
I'm trying to end my childhood without success. This game is driving me crazy, but I'm going to finish it. The name of the challenge: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - NES, also avaliable in Playchoice-10. I will beat this game. This is personal!  :mad:
The fact i managed to finish this game at the age of 10 somehow frightens me :eek:. At the time i had a new game maybe twice a year, so finishing it was mandatory, now i wouldn't have the patience :p.

Offline Stifu

« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2019, 10:10:18 AM »
I finished the PC version when I was a kid, back when it was released. It looked very similar, but I don't know if the NES version is harder or not...

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2019, 02:54:49 PM »
I finished the PC version when I was a kid, back when it was released. It looked very similar, but I don't know if the NES version is harder or not...

Supposedly the PC port needed a wall-hack cheat code to be finished because of a bug in the 3rd level : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_(NES_video_game). I know there was several variants of this game, funny thing : screenshots at the back of the NES version i own are from a different version (the screen displayed is slightly different in the game)

Offline Bad Dude

« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2019, 04:34:57 PM »
I never heard about the PC version. But according to wikipedia: "The game was ported to various home computer platforms in 1990, including the Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Atari ST and Amiga." (...) "It was also released in 2007 on the Wii's Virtual Console." The NES version is hard as hell! I finished with saved game or I'd go mad. I also had this game when I was a kid, as I said before, but I never beated. Here the cartridge, with the amazing art:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 04:41:35 PM by Bad Dude »

Offline Stifu

« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2019, 05:10:05 PM »
Supposedly the PC port needed a wall-hack cheat code to be finished because of a bug in the 3rd level : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_(NES_video_game)
Hmm, no. I definitely had the DOS version, and never needed a cheat code to finish the game. If that info is true, that means there's more than one DOS version.

Edit: it seems it was a bug in the US release that was fixed in the European one. I'm from France, so that'd explain why I didn't encounter this bug.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 05:27:51 PM by Stifu »

Online dink

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2019, 07:50:54 PM »
I made 2 software-buying mistakes in my lifetime...
1: buying TMNT for PC after watching friends play the NES version
2: buying Ducktales for C64 after watching friends play the NES version.  <-possibly the worst mistake ever, thinking it would be anything like the NES game.

oh well :)

Offline Stifu

« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2019, 01:50:40 AM »
My 3 bros and I pooled our money to buy TMNT for PC... but in the end, we didn't regret it. We had fun with it. Back then, you couldn't be too picky; when you were stuck with one or more bad games, you played them to death anyway. I've played much worse games than TMNT for PC. It's a masterpiece compared to Fatman for the Mega Drive, for example.

Offline csmart

« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2019, 06:29:08 PM »
My worst mistake was buying Tiger Heli over Mega Man on the NES.

Offline Fulg0re

« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2019, 03:37:56 PM »
Currently I play metal warriors on snes. What an awesome innovative game. But the way to set the controls suck....

Offline Bad Dude

« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2019, 01:14:19 PM »
I had a Super Nintendo, but I never played Metal Warriors. It's a classic, 4 sure. I will play some day. I'm too busy now, so I'm playing games that do not require me a lot of time. Lately I've played FATAL FURY SPECIAL. Great classic! One of my favorite fighting games of all time. I enjoy playing with Geese Howard!

edit: I finished TMNT on the NES, ending an unfinished chapter of my childhood!   :cool:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 01:22:52 PM by Bad Dude »