Author Topic: updated to v0.2.99.12: jan_klaassen's mega super double extra special version  (Read 37786 times)

Offline riccetto80

• Newbies
to me 08 work fine!

i like the crt effect and using custom values i was able to tune it nicely.

but i cannot found halation option... maybe is one of the crt overlay custom setthing option? they dont have names...

Offline jan_klaassen

• FBNeo Dev
It's the called contrast in the documentation. The sliders in the dialog aren't labelled yet, but it's the lower right one. The effect is dialed back from the preview screenshot though (that one was a little much as it blew out all bright shades).

Offline riccetto80

• Newbies
understand! why dont let us push over the 255 maximum value? to have same effect as the preview screenshot?  :biggrin:

i tryed to manualli edit the ini to push it to 355 instead of 255 but final burn when i launch it revert it to default of 90 :D

you expert so i ask you, how i can setup final burn to go full screen mode but avoid to stretch the image to cover all available space, and use black bar? i want go full screen but maintain aspect ratio!

edit, i find out, i have to select "correct aspect ratio".

but i dont understand, i deselect it because in windows mode the game look better without the aspect ratio correction...

the cps1/2 game had a resolution who was stretched to the 4:3 format of cabinet?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:40:23 AM by riccetto80 »

Offline jan_klaassen

• FBNeo Dev
There's a technical reason for limiting the contrast setting, but I will look into a way of making the effect more pronounced. I don't know how yet though.

And yes, almost all arcade games used 4:3 screens. In fba it's think only sf3ii that has a wide-screen option, though you have to go into its setup mode to get it (games like ninja warriors used multiple 4:3 monitors side by side).

Offline robsons2007

hi friend good job.
v0.2.99.8 no  work in my notebook.

Offline jan_klaassen

• FBNeo Dev
It's crashing during the video initialisation, so if you haven't tried the previous test versions, I would suggest deleting the direct3d dll file that's in the directory, and installing directx. You can download the directx installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

You can also try to download the fba.ini file from this post: http://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=3162.msg24942#msg24942 Put the file in the fba\config directory, open it with notepad and find this line:

Code: [Select]
nVidSelect 3
Change that to

Code: [Select]
nVidSelect 1
That way it will start with the enhanced/direct3d7 blitter. If installing directx doesn't help and this does, we can see from there.

Offline riccetto80

• Newbies
i notice a glitch in metal slug!

with fb 0.2.97.42 32bit work fine

with your version this happen:

Offline jan_klaassen

• FBNeo Dev
That's actually a problem with many neo geo games (and a few others), but it's not a bug in the emulation -- the left- and right-most 8 pixels aren't used.

Quote from: from the documentation
Display settings

Borders or unused screen edges

Some games (including most Neo Geo games) have some unused space at the edges of the screen. On the arcade machines, the monitor would be adjusted so that these edges would be off the screen. You can do the same in FB Alpha by selecting the Game ? Set visible area menu option. There, you can set the number of pixels on the edges that should not be displayed (set this to 8 on the left and right for most Neo Geo games).

Offline riccetto80

• Newbies
So, is my fault to dont have read documentation!  :biggrin:

i will take a look and read it so avoid other stupid question in future, thank you.

Offline jan_klaassen

• FBNeo Dev
I didn't mean to say RTFM. And having to set the visible areas for many games is a bit annoying, but you only have to do it once per game, so it hasn't been a proirity.

Offline riccetto80

• Newbies
no the idea is your manual have good info so better i read it! :D

a question, why your version dont have the dx9 blitter experimental/alternative like the ufficial one?

Offline jerrymh

It crash after the initialization screen apears, tryed 2.99.8 and 2.99.9

solved!!!!!!!!!!!!  you need to download de ini file

Is there any way to use 5xbrz + aperture grille?????????
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 07:56:47 PM by jerrymh »

Offline jan_klaassen

• FBNeo Dev
I uploaded a debug version with a few extra safety checks (not really any other new features). If the  v2.99.8 or v2.99.9 builds crash, please download that, the file is fbad_v029910.zip. That version will show a debug log as well as the main window, so it can help pin point what's causing any crashes.

Instead of a "guru meditation" box with red text, this may show one with yellow text. The ones with yellow text mean there was an unexpected error, but you can still continue if you click OK.

a question, why your version dont have the dx9 blitter experimental/alternative like the ufficial one?
Because the one blitter in this version combines most of what the two separate ones can do (and then adds a few bits).

It crash after the initialization screen apears, tryed 2.99.8 and 2.99.9

solved!!!!!!!!!!!!  you need to download de ini file
Great. Did it just disappear or did you get a guru meditation window or a crash message from Windows?

Is there any way to use 5xbrz + aperture grille?????????
No, I will probably add support for more scaling algorithms later, but I'm not sure how, when, or what yet. For now as far as the blitters go I'm concentrating on the crt simulation, e.g. it should get TV modes.

Offline jerrymh

I uploaded a debug version with a few extra safety checks (not really any other new features). If the  v2.99.8 or v2.99.9 builds crash, please download that, the file is fbad_v029910.zip. That version will show a debug log as well as the main window, so it can help pin point what's causing any crashes.

Instead of a "guru meditation" box with red text, this may show one with yellow text. The ones with yellow text mean there was an unexpected error, but you can still continue if you click OK.
Because the one blitter in this version combines most of what the two separate ones can do (and then adds a few bits).
Great. Did it just disappear or did you get a guru meditation window or a crash message from Windows?
No, I will probably add support for more scaling algorithms later, but I'm not sure how, when, or what yet. For now as far as the blitters go I'm concentrating on the crt simulation, e.g. it should get TV modes.

No  just disappear, start normally after change the blitter option on the ini file.

Offline jan_klaassen

• FBNeo Dev
OK. That's the same thing that happened to kev. I will look into it. Fixing it may require a bit of trial and error, since it works fine on on my test machines.