Author Topic: hook(world) no sound?????  (Read 13073 times)

Offline 9492575

hook(world) no sound?????
« on: April 03, 2009, 10:24:43 AM »
hook(world) no sound?????

铁钩船长还是没声音啊!!
希望iq_132改进!!
谢了!!

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: hook(world) no sound?????
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »
Irem GA20中不存在fba. :(
The IREM GA20 sound core is not emulated in FBA. :(

Offline Lim-Dul

• Newbies
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 06:29:52 PM »
Speaking of IREM and FBA - will it ever be emulated? I'd like to play some Ninja Baseball Bat Man online. :-P

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 08:12:11 PM »
Speaking of IREM and FBA - will it ever be emulated? I'd like to play some Ninja Baseball Bat Man online. :-P
I'll maybe add it to my list to look at.  Up to this point, I've never used the v20/v30/v33 core, so it might be fun. ^^

Offline Lim-Dul

• Newbies
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 03:30:09 PM »
You'd be my god for doing this - well, you are anyway thanks to FBA Shuffle (you're one of its devs, aren't you?). There's no rush though since the venerable Mame32++ 0.119 supports Ninja Baseball Bat Man, so I can use it for this game and FBA (Shuffle) for everything else.

It's a pity that there don't seem to be any new MAME versions with kaillera support even though there are GPLed open source variants now that would be compatible with the MAME license (and from what I heard this was the main problem).

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 06:31:51 PM »
You'd be my god for doing this - well, you are anyway thanks to FBA Shuffle (you're one of its devs, aren't you?).
Uh.. no. I'm an FBA dev (official FBA, not the unofficial Shuffle build). ^^ Huge difference, honestly.  As for the NEC core, I think I may re-port it.  It's a bit of a mess in FBA atm, and could use a do-over or a massive cleanup. Right now, it doesn't even support NMI triggers that a lot of Vxx games require.

There's no rush though since the venerable Mame32++ 0.119 supports Ninja Baseball Bat Man, so I can use it for this game and FBA (Shuffle) for everything else.

It's a pity that there don't seem to be any new MAME versions with kaillera support even though there are GPLed open source variants now that would be compatible with the MAME license (and from what I heard this was the main problem).

IIRC, there is an issue with GPL + the mame license.  The GPL license is considered "viral" in that any code that links to GPL sources or binaries must also be licensed as GPL as well (which MAME is not). Any mention of GPL in the MAME sources means that that code was GPL, but the MAME team was granted a license to use it as they will.

Offline OopsWare

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 03:37:38 AM »
some fix to the m92 driver
the graphics and the sound ( hook , in the hunt )

to iq_132
it seems only m92 game need the v33 cpu , and no game need NMI i think.
the most trouble is the graphics. m92 has three tile layers and each layer owns two width mode, three transparent mode and also support line scroll mode.  my code only implement a part of them to let that two game work , and still a bit layer order error .
the irem GA20 chip is a simple 4 channel PCM chip to play effect audio, the music base on it's YM2151 .
you can try other drivers if you have time. but i want to take some time to optimize the nec cpu emu for ARM based devices if free .

Offline Leaf

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 08:15:17 AM »
Thank you OopsWare, the sound now works well. ^o^

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 11:21:17 AM »
some fix to the m92 driver
the graphics and the sound ( hook , in the hunt )

to iq_132
it seems only m92 game need the v33 cpu , and no game need NMI i think.
the most trouble is the graphics. m92 has three tile layers and each layer owns two width mode, three transparent mode and also support line scroll mode.  my code only implement a part of them to let that two game work , and still a bit layer order error .
the irem GA20 chip is a simple 4 channel PCM chip to play effect audio, the music base on it's YM2151 .
you can try other drivers if you have time. but i want to take some time to optimize the nec cpu emu for ARM based devices if free .

As you can see here, I've got most of the other games working and have proper graphics emulation in there as well (emulating the tile masking and raster effects :D).
http://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=980.180

Thanks again for the work you've put into the sound emulation. :)

Offline JacKc

• FBNeo Dev
  • Hasta la vista, Baby !
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 05:23:29 PM »
Glad to read you Oopsware :biggrin:

Sure, the next FBA release will be awesome (as always).

"Every FBA releases, a step was reached"

Offline OopsWare

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 08:52:29 PM »
wow , so many you've already done . you are the great iq_132 ;p
can't wait the next release with full m92 drivers with sound

Offline 9492575

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 11:36:37 PM »
As you can see here, I've got most of the other games working and have proper graphics emulation in there as well (emulating the tile masking and raster effects :D).
http://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=980.180

Thanks again for the work you've put into the sound emulation. :)

谢谢iq_132改进!!  iq_132   iq_132