Author Topic: FB Alpha 0.2.97.43 Bug Reports  (Read 479029 times)

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
Re: FB Alpha 0.2.97.36 Bugs Reports
« Reply #570 on: June 25, 2015, 07:45:43 AM »
Treble Winner, I think the least we need to do is change the default samplerate to 44100hz for DSound.  22khz would have been OK in the mid/early-90s.  As I can think of a few games that wouldn't even work at that rate, due to limitations in the sound core (after I wake up a bit more I can name them, too .. lol!)

best regards,
- dink

Completely agree. We should probably detect the users resolution and colour depth and set the default based on those too.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline SNK_Dude

« Reply #571 on: August 26, 2015, 12:27:19 AM »
I couldn't see a thread search feature to avoid making a dupe post but here is what I just found.

Kabuki Klash Neogeo has a giant orange obstruction in the opening sequence on the right side of the screen.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #572 on: August 26, 2015, 07:47:15 PM »
Hi SNK_Dude, I tried it here with the latest gcc build and this obstruction doesn't appear on my side.
Do you still have the gcc build I had sent you several months ago?  Is there any chance you could test with that build to see if it appears?

best regards,
- dink

Offline SNK_Dude

« Reply #573 on: August 27, 2015, 09:29:05 PM »
Hi SNK_Dude, I tried it here with the latest gcc build and this obstruction doesn't appear on my side.
Do you still have the gcc build I had sent you several months ago?  Is there any chance you could test with that build to see if it appears?

best regards,
- dink

Would that happen to be a debug XP build from the 1st of the year?

FB Alpha [DEBUG] v0.2.97.35

The picture is from the milestone release of 02.97.36

The bug does not appear in the debug build I have .
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:39:03 PM by SNK_Dude »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #574 on: August 28, 2015, 08:17:06 AM »
SNK_Dude, thanks for testing, the release builds are made with MSVC.  I think it might be a compiler issue, Barry / Treble Winner would have to take a look into it since he's the only dev that uses it.  The other issues you had been experiencing with neogeo-cd and such are probably related as well, since I can't reproduce them on my side :(

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #575 on: August 28, 2015, 10:04:08 AM »
It works fine in the release builds (and it's easy to download a compiled binary to test :)).

For the record, keeping GCC working is a million times harder than MSVC as well. Look at the M68K issues we had with later GCC (and plenty of other issues). MSVC builds tend to be quicker across the board too.

I'm still trying to find the time to do a more modern blitter (by this time DX12) - but it will be a while before that is available in GCC/MinGW headers. Our blitters are hopelessly out of date now sadly. :(
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline SNK_Dude

« Reply #576 on: August 28, 2015, 12:07:38 PM »
Is there way for me to help pinpoint this issue or any future issues?

Any kind of log function or something?

Offline Romhack

• Expert
« Reply #577 on: August 28, 2015, 04:00:36 PM »
It works fine in the release builds (and it's easy to download a compiled binary to test :)).

For the record, keeping GCC working is a million times harder than MSVC as well. Look at the M68K issues we had with later GCC (and plenty of other issues). MSVC builds tend to be quicker across the board too.

I'm still trying to find the time to do a more modern blitter (by this time DX12) - but it will be a while before that is available in GCC/MinGW headers. Our blitters are hopelessly out of date now sadly. :(

We have intf/video/opengl  :rolleyes: It's OpenGL >3.3.
Something like MAME and RetroArch shader's would be great.

Offline yokese

« Reply #578 on: September 07, 2015, 12:36:57 PM »
I think I've found a bug with internal rom paths searching engine. I've googled about it but I haven't found anything. I don't undrestand because it hasn't been reported before (?).

I have the full rom sets and the other games for consoles supported, organized in different directories (F:\MAME\roms\fba\coleco;F:\MAME\roms\fba\roms....). I have all the (seven) paths for the differrent system correctly configured in fb (with final slash ant the correct paths).

The problem is related with roms with same zip name for the different systems (i.e. frogger) configured. After running a rom scan only the game found in the first configured path (before the rest), with an same zip rom name, is found for that system. The other same zip roms names are reported as not found for the rest of the systems. Also trying to play that game (not the one for the first system found), it's again reported that the game it's not found (I think that it's trying to read the files from the first zip found with that name, that it hasn't to be the right zip for that system).

I think this is a bug, I haven't found a solution yet. I've found same the  problem for both fba.exe and fba64.exe. I've tested it in a Windows 7 x64 system.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:40:01 PM by yokese »

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #579 on: September 07, 2015, 02:40:29 PM »
I think I've found a bug with internal rom paths searching engine. I've googled about it but I haven't found anything. I don't undrestand because it hasn't been reported before (?).

I have the full rom sets and the other games for consoles supported, organized in different directories (F:\MAME\roms\fba\coleco;F:\MAME\roms\fba\roms....). I have all the (seven) paths for the differrent system correctly configured in fb (with final slash ant the correct paths).

The problem is related with roms with same zip name for the different systems (i.e. frogger) configured. After running a rom scan only the game found in the first configured path (before the rest), with an same zip rom name, is found for that system. The other same zip roms names are reported as not found for the rest of the systems. Also trying to play that game (not the one for the first system found), it's again reported that the game it's not found (I think that it's trying to read the files from the first zip found with that name, that it hasn't to be the right zip for that system).

I think this is a bug, I haven't found a solution yet. I've found same the  problem for both fba.exe and fba64.exe. I've tested it in a Windows 7 x64 system.

Not a bug - check the Rom Path Dialog entry in the chm manual included or on the site - http://www.fbalpha.com/manual/

Offline yokese

« Reply #580 on: September 08, 2015, 06:38:49 AM »
Not a bug - check the Rom Path Dialog entry in the chm manual included or on the site - http://www.fbalpha.com/manual/
Ok, thank you, I didn't know about this special managing system of ROM paths in Final Burn.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #581 on: September 08, 2015, 08:03:09 AM »
Ok, thank you, I didn't know about this special managing system of ROM paths in Final Burn.

Don't feel bad, I just found out about them a few months ago :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline WILOWAR

« Reply #582 on: September 11, 2015, 11:59:12 AM »
Lethal Enforcers (ver EAB, 10/14/92 19:53) (lethalenub) - graphic mess

Offline sqrxz2

« Reply #583 on: October 18, 2015, 09:46:24 PM »
roms were working normally, until suddenly halfway trough loading ANY NeoGeo game I get

Exception 0xC0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) thrown.
EIP: 0x0044
 (attempting to read address 0x1AED2AC8)

EAX: 0x0AC40020, EBX: 0x00000000, ECX: 0x10292AA8, EDX: 0x02723F08
ESI: 0x0271ED68, EDI: 0x00000000, ESP: 0x0251CEFC, EBP: 0x0251CF04

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #584 on: October 18, 2015, 10:45:02 PM »
sqxrz2: would you go into the folder with fba*.exe, then into the config sub-folder and rename (don't delete) fba*.ini to fbabroke.ini, then try again with a fresh config?  If this does solve the problem, could you please link a copy of fbabroke.ini so I can investigate?

thanks,
- dink