Author Topic: Samurai spirit 5 Perfect (aka the old Final Edition @ location test but patched)  (Read 23416 times)

Offline Stifu

At the end, there weren't so "many" graphics to add as you can see now. I sitck with the Japanese censorship theory,

It's possible that explanation was bullshit, I don't know. I don't think graphics are what take up the most space, but voice clips.

Offline KaaMoS

It's possible that explanation was bullshit, I don't know. I don't think graphics are what take up the most space, but voice clips.
Sorry, my friend, what voice clips are you talking about?
All I heard on story mode was the same songs taken from SSV0SP... Is there something I'm losing?
I'll check JAP version, since I was always playing USA version... and you have just remind me that SSV had special story mode for JAP version only, haven't checked this with Perfect yet.

EDIT: Have just tested, but both, USA and JAP versions have the same story mode, just translated.
So, how big was SS0SP to quit allwing those graphics added to Final Version / Perfect? (compared to games like KOF2003)?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:12:47 PM by KaaMoS »

Offline Joaquim2020

People wanna expect games like boodstorm or time killers right?  :biggrin:
Real Hardware posted today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V20LTLisvgk  :eek:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 06:51:36 AM by Joaquim2020 »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
It's funny, I recognize the "Yeeeohhhhh!" sample in that story from some silly Kaneko Suprnova games.  I think Saru Kani Hamu Zoe, and a couple of others.
https://youtu.be/V20LTLisvgk?t=54

Offline Stifu

Sorry, my friend, what voice clips are you talking about?

Sorry, I haven't played Perfect yet, but assumed it'd have story-specific voice clips, like V did. If not, I can't really see why the new content would require the removal of old content, indeed.

Offline KaaMoS

Sorry, I haven't played Perfect yet, but assumed it'd have story-specific voice clips, like V did. If not, I can't really see why the new content would require the removal of old content, indeed.
Well, this "story mode" is just Kuroko trying to invite your char to a Tournament or Carnival, hosted by Yoshitora Tokugawa.
So, for ALL chars there are, 3 curtains which is the so called Story. First 2 are exactly the same for all.

On the first one, you see your character quiting place aftermatch. Kuroko is following and tells what a good warrior he have just seen.
On the second one, once your char leaves the place, Kuroko tries to reach fighter, but finaly asks deliver to give the invitation personally, then tells that you need to kill bosses with Issen (fatal flash) or Fatality (don't remember how this is called).
The third one is just an image of your char's face (similar artwork used to show dead Bosses), a text appears over it and fighter reads the invitation and just decides what to do (still, all text). Depending of the case, there are more lines explaining details.

[END]
That's all your (generic) story mode, Sir. :P
As you can see, this was more hype than anything else.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 09:12:45 AM by KaaMoS »

Offline Stifu

That's all your (generic) story mode, Sir. :P
As you can see, this was more hype than anything else.

That's disappointing. As I thought, it looks like all they wanted was to rebalance the game and fix a few bugs for competitive play, and threw in the "story" for good measure. I bet they really wished they could have published game updates without releasing a whole new game.

Offline KaaMoS

That's disappointing. As I thought, it looks like all they wanted was to rebalance the game and fix a few bugs for competitive play, and threw in the "story" for good measure. I bet they really wished they could have published game updates without releasing a whole new game.
As I told you before. Now we have a game splitted in two parts.
One with gore and other with storylines at the end.Each part misses what the other has.
The real Perfect (or better for me, "Final Edition") isthe actual fusion of both of them... and I imagine it could be achieved as a hack, taking in mind examples like KOF'98 Special Edition and other hacks with bitswapped Cx roms.