Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 759931 times)

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
Re: dink's FBA Development & Fixes thread
« Reply #1035 on: September 21, 2016, 01:08:36 AM »
I don't want to sound rude... but I hope so too. I'm not really that good in shmups (to be exact I'm suck in that genre, my reflex doesn't support scrolling lol ) but for some reason Phelios is a way too easy on the Megadrive for me. And I think it still has more chance to happen than Nebulas Ray. :)

IIRC Nebulas Ray is based on the Namco System NB1, a newer arcade board than the Namco System 2... personally, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the porting of Namco System 1 games (e.g. Dragon Spirit, Galaga 88, Pac-mania, Rompers, Splatterhouse, etc.) ;)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #1036 on: September 21, 2016, 07:40:33 AM »
Regarding MSX1, are there any games (cart-rom only!) that I should make sure is in the list?
Last night, I added (by hand) all of the decent MSXDEV games from the last few years, some bad ones were left out though. :)

Offline Pityesz

• Ultimate Knight
« Reply #1037 on: September 21, 2016, 08:09:32 AM »
Maybe the Valis games. I think those are carts, or at least the first game was cart.

Offline synnchan

• aka: synnae
« Reply #1038 on: September 22, 2016, 04:09:07 PM »
As for MSX, I like Psycho World. It's best version of the game (superior to the SMS and GG versions). :) not sure if it's cart, though.

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #1039 on: September 22, 2016, 05:30:57 PM »
As for MSX, I like Psycho World. It's best version of the game (superior to the SMS and GG versions). :) not sure if it's cart, though.

The original game should be available on cartridge, but (IIRC) it's an MSX2 game (I don't know if there is an MSX version too)...

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #1040 on: September 22, 2016, 06:15:13 PM »
Psycho World is a great game, but its MSX2+ and disk only.

Offline Pityesz

• Ultimate Knight
« Reply #1041 on: October 03, 2016, 09:04:40 PM »
There was a less known Godzilla arcade game. Never played or seen it yet, but I'm curious if that can be added to the list.  :smilie:

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #1042 on: October 04, 2016, 01:14:35 AM »
There was a less known Godzilla arcade game. Never played or seen it yet, but I'm curious if that can be added to the list.  :smilie:

Your informations are too general... maybe you are talking about Banpresto Godzilla (legionna.c driver)... YouTube video: https://youtu.be/hnF7gKTY22M

... in any case, now dink is doing an excellent work with the MSX driver! ;)

Offline Pityesz

• Ultimate Knight
« Reply #1043 on: October 04, 2016, 08:31:17 AM »
It is general, because I never seen it lol. The one you linked is pretty much the same as the one I heard. Godzilla was always a good show, would be awesome to have this game in FBA. XD

P.S.: I have the PC-Engine CD Godzilla, and this one looks a way more better.

I look forward to the MSX games. I haven't played those one since 15 or even more years. But I only know the Valis as ROM.

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
« Reply #1044 on: October 04, 2016, 10:01:16 AM »
It is general, because I never seen it lol. The one you linked is pretty much the same as the one I heard. Godzilla was always a good show, would be awesome to have this game in FBA. XD

The problem with games in the Legionnare driver is that only Denjin Makai is currantly fully playable, Godzilla is thought of as being
fully playable but the MAME dev's are not 100% sure, all the other games Heated Barrel, Legionnare, SD Gundam Rainbow Trout and
Seibu Cup Soccer dont work just now to varying degress due to problems emulating the protection schemes they used.

I cant speak for FBA devs here but i think the chances of this driver ever being ported across from MAME to FBA are zero maybe until such a time that all the games are fully working.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:11:33 AM by gamez fan »

Offline Pityesz

• Ultimate Knight
« Reply #1045 on: October 04, 2016, 10:49:46 AM »
The problem is that everyone want perfect emulation. This is a PC, far more superior compared to the 20 years old machines in every possible aspect. If the game not run like as it did back then is no problem for me, neither for my friends I play often online with emulated games. If it runs a little faster or such actually good since the old games are often feels too slow after I play a little on UT2004.

Most of the arcade games doesn't have sprite flickering and I haven't remember seeing it in games I play on FBA, but an unlimited sprite option would be also cool. Maybe overclock to some games that slow down because of the too much in-games happenings. Of course a special sync feature would be required for online play to make the emulation identical to each other (autoset the client's hardware settings to the server's, but doesn't touch filters and such).

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
« Reply #1046 on: October 04, 2016, 05:20:32 PM »
The problem is that everyone want perfect emulation.

Sure but broken emulation is another matter..............

Legionnare : Enemies move away from ya and disappear off the screen if you are lucky enough to catch them before they do that
then the level one boss for good measure just drops through the floor meaning you cant progress past level one.

Heated Barrel : This game Locks up on level 3 boss although sometimes it doesn't and you can get as far as the start of level 4 then
it's 100% guaranteed to do so.

Seibu Cup Soccer : Game locks up as soon as the teams run onto the pitch

SD Gundam Rainbow Trout : Playable to the end but can lock up at any time depends on your luck i suppose

GodZilla : Playable according to MAME Dev's but with an unemulated Protection Scheme who knows how it functions maybe it
locks up as well..??

Denjin Makai : Nice game doesn't use the Seibu Cop Protection meaning it's fully playable

I just cant see FBA dev's wanting to take the trouble of porting the legionnare driver across to FBA ATM because with nearly
all of the games in the driver Broken it would make no sense :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 05:21:34 PM by gamez fan »

Offline Haze

• MAME Devs
« Reply #1047 on: October 04, 2016, 05:47:05 PM »

a lot of people called this 'Godzilla' before it was emulated and the real title known.

http://www.progettoemma.net/?gioco=daikaiju

Offline Pityesz

• Ultimate Knight
« Reply #1048 on: October 04, 2016, 08:28:49 PM »
a lot of people called this 'Godzilla' before it was emulated and the real title known.

http://www.progettoemma.net/?gioco=daikaiju

I think the fighting one was the one I look for. It was mentioned when we played on the PC-Engine Godzilla fighting game, I'm sure this has connection.  :smilie:

I've just seen Pulstar in the game list of FBA. Would be awesome if Blazing Star make its way here too.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:57:49 PM by Pityesz »

Offline synnchan

• aka: synnae
« Reply #1049 on: October 09, 2016, 02:12:34 PM »
I just remembered a MSX game that would be interesting to add: Tower of Druaga. :)