Author Topic: Windowed Full Screen on Launch?  (Read 3883 times)

Offline xkalibr

Windowed Full Screen on Launch?
« on: February 11, 2014, 08:30:49 AM »
After many years ive found some free time and am returning to the emulation scene.
FBA was my go to emulator since the original Xbox days and I love how it operates.
Currently my HTPC uses GameEx as a front end and launches FBA fullscreen.

This setup is great, however, i notice a  performance drop from Windowed (1080p) to Fullscreen (1080p)
Is there an option to launch FBA in a Fullscreen Windowed configuration, with Titlebar and bezels invisible?
Basically Id like the fullscreen view with the performance of windowed.

Thanks! Love FBA!

My specs
AMD Phenom X4 655 4.0ghz
Asus GTX 760 DCUII 2GB
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
Samsung EVO 840 SSD

Offline xkalibr

Re: Windowed Full Screen on Launch?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 06:15:50 PM »
its difficult to explain the difference between windowed and fullscreen...
when i have it windowed but maximized it runs perfectly... i mean 60fps + its liquid smooth.
As soon as i double click to go full screen maximzed, which is basically the same resolution except it fills the sides with black bars and removes the UI elemtns it has a slight frame degrade... maybe 10fps... its only noticeable in fighting games that require frame specific attacks...

What i was asking though is if there was an option to allow Windowed Fullscreen... but im guessing NO

I was also wondering if there was a way to using Direct3D9 Alt Blitter with Scanline, not the 75% scanline... the same scanline was Enhanced Direct3D7?

Offline Walk Cancel

Re: Windowed Full Screen on Launch?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 11:06:13 AM »
Title and menu bar can be removed.

Help > How To Use > Keys