Author Topic: Development question  (Read 5906 times)

Offline joshsmithtogo

Development question
« on: February 13, 2018, 04:47:35 PM »
Good day,

Just wondering if there was any plans to add more CAVE shmups support for games like Espgaluda2, Deathsmiles, Mushi Mushi.. etc.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: Development question
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 06:59:56 PM »
Maybe someday, it's not on high priority due to the complexities involved.

Offline el_rika

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 05:38:40 PM »
Yeah, that will be a day to celebrate :D  Especially with some optimisations like for Kaneko/Psikyo CPUs.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 02:04:22 AM »
Yeah, that will be a day to celebrate :D  Especially with some optimisations like for Kaneko/Psikyo CPUs.
I don't think cave3 boards would run on rpi, cave2 boards are already borderline :redface: (and i already tried figuring out speedhacks on those, i even managed to attain full speed with svg on rpi3 by clocking the m68k at 12mhz and the arm7 at 6mhz iirc, but it would make all other games awfully slow for this board)

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 08:10:01 AM »
Well, its a hard one now, did you guys try the latest MAME?  Haze hooked up the sh2drc to the sh3/4, so now the cv1k games run perfect, even on my trusty dusty P4 (2.999ghz).  If we were to port the cv1k games (and I'm not saying we will), they will be without a drc(dynamic recompiler), and all the optimizing and speedhacks in the world won't compete with that.  Another caveat is that high-cpu games like some Psikyo/Kaneko etc run around 28mhz, the cv1k games run at 102mhz, then throw the complex video ontop of that along with the mpeg/AMM decoding for sound....

bye for now,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 08:11:10 AM »
.... on the other hand, if someone were to port or create a sh3 cpu core for us, I'd be willing to do the soundcore ;)

Offline el_rika

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 08:17:04 AM »
Well, its a hard one now, did you guys try the latest MAME?  Haze hooked up the sh2drc to the sh3/4, so now the cv1k games run perfect, even on my trusty dusty P4 (2.999ghz). 

Sadly, those developments in latest Mame which reportedly make the cv1000 games twice as fast, are not ported over to Android enviroment.

Offline Fulg0re

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 01:09:18 PM »
Please CAVE on FBA ...

I don?t wanna rush you but here is my reason why CAVE should  be on FBA.

- cause some CAVE games are already playable perfect on FBA like Guwange, Progear, Ketsui Kizuna, Esp ra.de, Espgaluda, Donpachi, DoDonpachi.
- to setup the machine for mutiple monitor is way more easier than on MAME ( for me )
- FBA best Arcade Emulation Machine.

I found a MAME Setup for the missing CAVE games like Deathsmiles, Espgaluga II, Ibara, Mushihisama, ( and clones )
BUT i can?t set it up for multiple monitors. Crahses all the time. I use 2 monitors. 1 for vertical 1 for horizontal.

Anyway....FBA is a perfect machine and very easy to set even for controls incl autofire a.s.o.

Hows it going ? Any improvement for CAVE on FBA ?

I am a huge CAVE Fan so please do not missunderstand my euphoria.

Kind shooting regards

Edit: Sorry guys i?m not familiar into programming so i don?t know how to supoort you :(

« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:11:08 PM by Fulg0re »

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 03:28:14 PM »
There are currently no plans to port the newer cave titles to FBA. The amount of work required is massive. Too massive for me to do on my free time, I would much rather focus on smaller drivers that I enjoy porting.

Offline Fulg0re

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 03:36:09 PM »
hi iq_132 and tx 4 fast repley

i see ...

Well i just want to free my feelings depending on those games.
As i told before i am not familiar in programming stuff like that und thus is one more reason that
i couldnt imagine how much work it is. I am very happy with the working titel on FBA from CAVE.
I also have 3 titles on PCB and the rest i have to try on MAME but i will watching here every day.
The reason for getting the FBA CAVE Collection complete is cause i have built myself a custom
arcade cabinet with PCB and Emu together.

So c ya

Kind regards