Author Topic: Accurate Qsound in next FBA release?  (Read 4280 times)

Offline Handybo

• Newbies
Accurate Qsound in next FBA release?
« on: June 04, 2014, 11:32:48 PM »
I heard that correct Qsound chips for Capcom CPS2 games had started to be implemented in MAME .... I think it was around the time 0.149 was released?
 Everybody on MAMEWorld forums was arguing wheather Qsound should be treated like a system BIOS, being contained in its own folder, or if all existing CPS2 ROMs should have the individual Qsound files added to each set.

Then it all went quiet for months and nobody ever mentioned Qsound again, except for the odd note or flag in the MAME documentation if you looked carefully enough.

So my question is; will the next FB Alpha release have accurate Qsound or not?

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: Accurate Qsound in next FBA release?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 08:25:36 AM »
I heard that correct Qsound chips for Capcom CPS2 games had started to be implemented in MAME .... I think it was around the time 0.149 was released?
 Everybody on MAMEWorld forums was arguing wheather Qsound should be treated like a system BIOS, being contained in its own folder, or if all existing CPS2 ROMs should have the individual Qsound files added to each set.

Then it all went quiet for months and nobody ever mentioned Qsound again, except for the odd note or flag in the MAME documentation if you looked carefully enough.

So my question is; will the next FB Alpha release have accurate Qsound or not?
Just saw this... the proper q-sound stuff in mame isn't complete yet. The cpu core required is still in its infancy, missing opcodes (iirc). They're not even 100% sure about the rom, the bits were all over the place.