Author Topic: Memory card -- deactivated in the drop-down list (Neo Geo game)  (Read 3262 times)

Offline GTramp

Memory card -- deactivated in the drop-down list (Neo Geo game)
« on: January 05, 2019, 12:14:31 AM »
Hello, I'm new to the FB Alpha emulator, I've been using MAME before. I decided to try FB Alpha because with it I can choose between MVS/AES versions of Neo Geo games. This functionality works fine, but I have a problem using the memory card. The memory card item in the drop-down list is deactivated all the time: in-game, on boot screen etc... Do I need to create a memory card first?
I'm on a WIN7 PC and using FBA v.0.2.97.43. The game is Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy and it supports the memory card for saving. This functionality works fine in the PSP version of the emulator, but not on PC for me... Please help.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: Memory card -- deactivated in the drop-down list (Neo Geo game)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 09:33:38 AM »
I could never figure how to use memcards on neogeo either, maybe Treble Winner (or someone that has used this function before) can help?

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: Memory card -- deactivated in the drop-down list (Neo Geo game)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 10:02:22 PM »
It turns out there was a bug preventing the memcards from working, a fix has been made by Treble Winner.  You could wait for the next version or try a testversion if you'd like, available here: http://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=2487.msg26411#msg26411