Author Topic: FB Alpha Enhanced R15 [v0.2.96.72]  (Read 162797 times)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
FB Alpha Enhanced R15 [v0.2.96.72]
« on: January 12, 2008, 09:35:02 PM »
FB Alpha Enhanced R15

I'm releasing a second package today to correct some minor issues in the previous release, and to fix a bug I found in part of my new code for the Game Selection window. Be sure to grab this new release to have the latest fixes of some of the reported issues.

R15 [ January 12, 2008 ]

* Fixed little error when saving screenshots.

* Updated a bit the Auto Monitor Aspect ratio configuration, I verified some resolutions aspects
  and did the neccessary adjustments.

* Modified the alternative Pause key 'P' now it will check if you're netplaying to do it's function
  correctly.

* Fixed a bug when loading a game and going back to the game selection window, if you don't choose another
  game it would crash when closing the window, that was fixed and now there is no problem.

Unicode Binary / VC2008 ( DirectX GFX 9 Blitter Capable) (Includes FBA Sources & Documentation ):

fba_enhanced_R15.7z [~4.03MB]

Note: There is a known bug with the DirectX 9 Experimental blitter and the Preview Blitter option that shows only a specific area of the new Skin. I'll be working on that asap.

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 08:45:22 AM by CaptainCPS-X »

Offline kkobeam

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 11:14:32 PM »
wow~~` issue all fix~~~

thanks CaptainCPS-X

Offline lxd_bruce

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 12:51:41 AM »
Captain, another bug is found. look at the picture.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 01:15:10 AM »
Captain, another bug is found. look at the picture.

I'm looking for a solution, btw, I found one but Microsoft implemented it on W.Vista only so I'm testing other alternative. I will post my progress later.

SeeYaa!

Offline nganiere

• Newbies
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 01:16:44 AM »
the nocd for Redearth should read Asia not Euro, and in the menu, under video, toggle fullscreen modeAlt Enter.....the Alt runs into mode, maybe you should just shorten it to toggle fullscreen Alt Enter........I could probably fix these myself...

Maybe under the tips and tricks thread, you could add how to add configure directories....that would be cool to add to builds for those who would like to add the option Captain....
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 01:22:57 AM by nganiere »

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 01:49:38 AM »
...and in the menu, under video, toggle fullscreen modeAlt Enter.....the Alt runs into mode, maybe you should just shorten it to toggle fullscreen Alt Enter........I could probably fix these myself...

That's a current bug from the Menus UI Theme feature, the width is not right, but I didn't code that part so if you really think some text is a bug then edit it in your build, with notepad you could do it.

Maybe under the tips and tricks thread, you could add how to add configure directories....that would be cool to add to builds for those who would like to add the option Captain....

I have to be sincere with you, ...to make a 'How To' of those features would require me lot of time, and I can't be telling how to build each thing I put in FBA Enhanced, that why FBA is open source, you can modify it or learn from it. I can probably help sometimes in some ways but I just cant be a personal programmer for somebody, I make these builds for everyone, and the features I put up in each release are verified to be really neccessary, ..for example if somebody tell me to add a Skin for the next release with a picture of 'The Fantastic Four' , I can't do that, because it will not benefit all of the users, and finally it's just not neccessary.

In other notes, I have fixed the reported bug by lxd_bruce, the fix will be added for R16:

* Fixed gamelist context menu issue, now when no selection has been made the menu will not come up.

SeeYaa!

Offline lxd_bruce

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 02:51:00 AM »
captain is an efficient guy. thanks a lot. :biggrin:

Offline JoshuaChang

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 03:31:46 AM »
seems that using 2xsal/super 2xsal/super eagle filter in enhanced mode lead to crash...

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 05:00:46 AM »
seems that using 2xsal/super 2xsal/super eagle filter in enhanced mode lead to crash...

ThanX JoshuaChang, your notice remembered me of a current issue with the Enhanced Blitter currently happening on my other PC ( laptop ), just recently the user 'MasterPhW' posted too about him having the same problem when changing the blitter to Enhanced, FBA crashes...so I started to play with the settings on my current PC and as you said the Enhanced  Blitter + 2xSaI will lead to a crash... I decided to verify something, because I was using not too long ago those blitters and they were working fine, so I thought, what did I change recently that has to do with the blitters?, well there is the new Skin, it is bigger and use the blitters to preview them. Finally I did a test disabling the Video menu option 'Preview Blitter' and tried the 2xSaI blitter, the result were effective, FBA didn't crash  :smilie:.

So with those results I turned on my laptop and started testing to see if that was the problem related to the crash when changing to Enhanced Blitter. After disabling the 'Preview Blitter' option I was able to select the Enhanced Blitter with or without the combination of 2xSaI in my laptop ^^. So now I know where is the problem exactly and will be trying to fix it asap.

If some of you have use the Enhanced blitter and experience this issue just disable the preview blitter temporally until I can fix the problem.

EDIT: My laptop still giving me some problems but it's only with the Enhanced blitter, that issue doesnt seem to be related to the 2xSaI blitter at all, probably NVIDIA drivers has to do with this, since the only ones with the crashing problems are MasterPhW and I and we both have Nvidia (in this one I have an ATI Radeon).

SeeYaa!

Offline pmc2

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 06:05:08 AM »
No crash here, with 2xsai/super2xsai or eagle filter + enhanced.

Ati card, driver + Dx 9.0c (November redist) ok (up to date).

Offline DF723

• Newbies
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 07:58:12 AM »
Captain, the release of FBA Enhance keeps getting better and better. I love what you're doing so far ***where's the "thumbs up" emoticon when I need it. lol***

I have a small suggestion in mind. I read over @ another forum that there's an individual who wants to treat his "P" key as his "Fierce Punch" command for a SF3 game, but it won't allow him to. Instead, the "P" always act as a Pause button. We already have "Pause Break" key for that. We don't need an extra. This happens offline, I don't know about online though.............
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 08:02:05 AM by DF723 »

Offline Furunkel

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 08:20:10 AM »
CaptainCPS-X, i have checked the thing with the window size auto setting with original fba and other builds.
If in the other build auto window size is set, fba starts his window in original size and reduce it to original size when no game is loaded and a menu action is done.
Your build starts with maximum window when auto window size is set and reduce to maximum size after a menu action.
Can you change it to original size like the other builds and disable the window resize when no game is loaded ?

Offline Buster

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 10:49:28 AM »
Wow, big thanks Captain for the auto aspect ratio! (and for everything else too)

This is almost perfect for online play now, just the input lag issue left.

Offline Buster

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 11:06:47 AM »
Ok, the problem I'm seeing is that "Correct aspect ratio" is borked. I'm using auto on monitor properties and I'm getting a widescreen window instead of a 4:3 one.

Offline JacKc

• FBNeo Dev
  • Hasta la vista, Baby !
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 12:00:15 PM »
FinalBurn Alpha Download
NeoSource Exclusive downloads

Update Pack Previews & Titles FBA Enhanced R15

- Previews
previews FBA Enhanced R15.7z

- Titles
titles FBA enhanced R15.7z