Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

configure Joysticks and bios in FBNeo SDL2

(1/3) > >>

Dani82:
I am using FBNeo sdl2
i want to disable the player 2
i change the keys of the player 2 in the ini file to undefined, but the emulator still enables the player 2
and i want to change the bios of neogeo to use UniverseBios if possible

Forge:
Hi, I'm having the same problem. I've already removed the 2nd player control in RA to None, but no use.
I'm using RA 1.8.2.
It happens with all Neo Geo games, but not with the other systems/emulators.

barbudreadmon:
Why do you want to disable p2 ?

dink:
In FBNeo UI we have an option for this called Clear Locking.  Basically, you can "just" clear an input or clear it with "clear lock" checked, and this will make it so that the master preset or preset file never fills it in again.  Clear locked input can also be copied into your preset file.  I think the SDL version should try to implement this feature.

Clearing an input results in this, in the game's ini file: (let's use the Reset input as an example)

--- Code: ---input  "Reset"            undefined

--- End code ---
When it's clear, it can still be re-assigned the next time you load a game using the preset file or "master preset" code in burner.

Clearing an input with Clear Lock checked keeps it clear forever, until you change it again.

--- Code: ---input  "Reset"            switch 0x00

--- End code ---

best regards,
- dink

Forge:

--- Quote from: barbudreadmon on May 31, 2020, 12:37:52 PM ---Why do you want to disable p2 ?

--- End quote ---

Because otherwise, every time I start a new game which has an option for 2 players, the 2nd player is automatically activated, and suddenly I'm controlling both characters (or ships) with one controller. Not bad in shoot/beat-em-ups, but for fighting games, it's a drag.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version