Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

configure Joysticks and bios in FBNeo SDL2

<< < (3/3)

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: Forge on June 01, 2020, 07:14:55 AM ---I only have one player enabled for Retroarch

--- End quote ---

That's not what i asked though, fwiw i confirm retroarch doesn't care about the number of players you set, it keeps transmitting other player's inputs anyway. Comparing this to snes is irrelevant, arcade machines don't have a concept of unpluging a controller. So again, i recommend fixing your setup, your real issue is that your controller is sending inputs for both p1 & p2.

Forge:

--- Quote from: barbudreadmon on June 01, 2020, 12:27:37 AM ---Either that or you fix your setup, your controller isn't supposed to control p1 & p2, did you look into "settings > input > port X binds > device index" ? Looks to me like you might have the same value for both controller (except if your controller is really recognized as 2 separate controllers due to some third party software)

--- End quote ---

"settings > input > port X binds > device index" = dual action gamepad
It's a Logitech Gamepad F310.

"arcade machines don't have a concept of unpluging a controller."
In fact, when I run the MVS 4P Key System Check ROM, it does show the 2nd player (only) keys being pressed at the same time as player 1.

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: Forge on June 02, 2020, 02:48:46 PM ---"settings > input > port X binds > device index" = dual action gamepad
It's a Logitech Gamepad F310.

--- End quote ---
I guess that's for port 1 binds, what about port 2 binds ? Is that set to none as it should ? (if it's hidden because you set max player to 1, make it appear by setting it to 2 again)

Forge:

--- Quote from: barbudreadmon on June 02, 2020, 06:40:50 PM ---I guess that's for port 1 binds, what about port 2 binds ? Is that set to none as it should ? (if it's hidden because you set max player to 1, make it appear by setting it to 2 again)

--- End quote ---

It worked! I increased the number of Max Users to 2, went to Port 2 Binds, Device Type was None but Device INDEX was Dual Action Gamepad. Once I disabled the Device Index in Port 2 Binds, the FBNeo games started working only for Player 1!
Thank you very much.

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: Forge on June 02, 2020, 10:48:29 PM ---Device Type was None but Device Type was Dual Action Gamepad.

--- End quote ---

Your probably meant "Device Type was None but Device Index was Dual Action Gamepad".

Some explanation : in libretro cores device type is used to tell which type of controller is plugged, by convention setting device type to "none" means telling the core that the controller is in an unplugged state, which can be important for systems that check if controllers are plugged, however there is no such concept for arcade machines, which is why setting device type to "none" doesn't do anything here. So if your port binds are in a state where they would send something (and setting max player to 1 and/or device type to none doesn't seem to prevent RetroArch from sending their inputs), FBNeo won't ignore them. Tbh, it looks like a RetroArch bug to me (it shouldn't send those inputs, period), even if i guess i could implement a workaround by telling the core to ignore those inputs, not really thrilled by the idea though with the level of complexity this core already has for its input layer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version