Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

configure Joysticks and bios in FBNeo SDL2

<< < (2/3) > >>

Forge:

--- Quote from: dink on May 31, 2020, 01:35:39 PM ---In FBNeo UI we have an option for this called Clear Locking.  Basically, you can "just" clear an input or clear it with "clear lock" checked, and this will make it so that the master preset or preset file never fills it in again.  Clear locked input can also be copied into your preset file.  I think the SDL version should try to implement this feature.

Clearing an input results in this, in the game's ini file: (let's use the Reset input as an example)

--- Code: ---input  "Reset"            undefined

--- End code ---
When it's clear, it can still be re-assigned the next time you load a game using the preset file or "master preset" code in burner.

Clearing an input with Clear Lock checked keeps it clear forever, until you change it again.

--- Code: ---input  "Reset"            switch 0x00

--- End code ---

best regards,
- dink

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply, dink, but I'm using Retroarch - is there a way to do that in there?

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: Forge on May 31, 2020, 02:45:38 PM ---Because otherwise, every time I start a new game which has an option for 2 players, the 2nd player is automatically activated, and suddenly I'm controlling both characters (or ships) with one controller. Not bad in shoot/beat-em-ups, but for fighting games, it's a drag.

--- End quote ---
I have a feeling your real issue is that you are using a dualshock controller behind some third party software that turns it into xbox controller without hiding the original dualshock controller, resulting in your controller being recognized as 2 controllers (hence controlling both p1 & p2). I know since i ran into that crap not long ago (fixed after uninstalling/deleting everything controller-related).
Either that or you are actually configuring RA to use the same controller for both player.

Well, you can either fix your setup, or unmap everything (or maybe only p2 start ?) in "quick menu > controls", i recommend the former though.

Forge:

--- Quote from: barbudreadmon on May 31, 2020, 03:55:54 PM ---I have a feeling your real issue is that you are using a dualshock controller behind some third party software that turns it into xbox controller without hiding the original dualshock controller, resulting in your controller being recognized as 2 controllers (hence controlling both p1 & p2). I know since i ran into that crap not long ago (fixed after uninstalling/deleting everything controller-related).
Either that or you are actually configuring RA to use the same controller for both player.

Well, you can either fix your setup, or unmap everything (or maybe only p2 start ?) in "quick menu > controls", i recommend the former though.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply, barbudreadmon. Using Windows 10 and a logitech controller, you're probably right. But it doesn't happen for the other emulators/systems in Retroarch, but I don't know how to configure the FBNeo core in Retroarch, like dlink said. Unless I download the standalone FBNeo program.

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: Forge on May 31, 2020, 08:05:39 PM ---Unless I download the standalone FBNeo program.

--- End quote ---
Either that or you fix your setup, your controller isn't supposed to control p1 & p2, did you look into "settings > input > port X binds > device index" ? Looks to me like you might have the same value for both controller (except if your controller is really recognized as 2 separate controllers due to some third party software)

Forge:

--- Quote from: barbudreadmon on June 01, 2020, 12:27:37 AM ---Either that or you fix your setup, your controller isn't supposed to control p1 & p2, did you look into "settings > input > port X binds > device index" ? Looks to me like you might have the same value for both controller (except if your controller is really recognized as 2 separate controllers due to some third party software)

--- End quote ---

I only have one player enabled for Retroarch, and if I play a SNES game with SNES9x, I don't have this problem. But thanks for trying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version