Author Topic: FB Alpha 0.2.97.20 Release  (Read 23455 times)

Offline Benjamin Siskoo

• Newbies
    • Tradu-France
Re: FB Alpha 0.2.97.20 Release
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 07:33:50 AM »
I'm late :)

Thanks for answer. what about to choose your language at the start ?

I've reduced the OSD font size, and made the buttons wider on the System Information dialog.

The open/save dialogs are standard Windows dialogs, I can't control them sadly.

The "FB Alpha gamelist localisation templates" string works with localisation, but the entry in your template is blank. :)

I think it would be a bad idea to have translations for the license. Some things could be mistranslated or may not be clear. I think the license should stay in the originating language only.

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »
I'm late :)

Thanks for answer. what about to choose your language at the start ?

The main issue I see with that is that the language templates follow the release. I might look at adding something that scans the localisation folder and offers a dropdown of found files that match the version, but I'm not sure how useful it would be.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline Benjamin Siskoo

• Newbies
    • Tradu-France
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »
The main issue I see with that is that the language templates follow the release. I might look at adding something that scans the localisation folder and offers a dropdown of found files that match the version, but I'm not sure how useful it would be.

I understand what you say. I had not thought to this. Anyway, atm these strings are not used.

//-- "This appears to be the first time you run %s v%.20s.\n\n"
string   200 "Il semble que vous lanciez ceci pour la première fois %s v%.20s.\n\n"

//-- "Please take some time to match the audio/video settings to your system capabilities and personal preferences. If you continue to use and/or distribute this software, you must agree to be bound by the terms of license agreement, which is always accessible via the about dialog.\n\n"
string   202 "Veuillez prendre le temps de configurer l'audio/vidéo de votre système et de vos préférences. Si vous continuez à utiliser et/ou distribuer ce logiciel, vous devez accepter les termes du contrat de la licence, lequel est toujours disponible via le A Propos De.\n\n"

//-- "Note that this is alpha quality software. As such, it likely will exhibit problems, including audio/video options not behaving correctly, the emulation of some games misses some features, and may exhibit stability problems. CAVEAT LECTOR!"
string   204 "Note : le logiciel est en version alpha. Ainsi, des problèmes peuvent survenir avec les options audio/vidéo qui peuvent se comporter bizarrement, l'émulation incomplète de certains jeux et des problèmes de stabilité. CAVEAT LECTOR !"

//-- "Note that this is beta quality software. As such, it likely may be missing some features, or exhibit some problems with your system."
string   206 "Note : le logiciel est en version beta. Ainsi, des fonctionnalités peuvent manquer, des problèmes de stabilité peuvent survenir."

If you can choose, your own language at the start, it will be more easy for people who don't understand english to use FBA from the start in their language. Maybe I'm wrong !!! ^^