Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 760284 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread
« Reply #2460 on: May 30, 2022, 12:00:51 AM »
Hi Nick thanks for the feedback.
I've fixed the problem with zero team's sample clock.
Regarding Kaillera, getting analogs to work properly is on my todo list, I'll post back here when more stuff gets fixed!

best regards,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #2461 on: May 30, 2022, 08:27:48 AM »
Would it possible to update version of zakk's Battle Garegga hack to FBNeo ?  :rolleyes:

https://github.com/zakk4223/battle-garegga-patches

The currently included version is like from 2008 , and I believe there has been lots of updates to rank display and other Qol changes after that , the most recent build released in 2021 I believe

I'm sure Garegga fans appreciate having the latest version of this great hack in FBNeo  :smilie:

Thanks for reading and keep up the outstanding work , dink  :cool:

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #2462 on: May 30, 2022, 09:14:54 AM »
ClessxAlghazanth, of course!  I'll have to go with the Sept.1.2019 version, (latest one available by the author)

best regards,
- dink

Offline Nick Reynolds

• Newbies
« Reply #2463 on: May 30, 2022, 03:32:25 PM »
Hi Nick thanks for the feedback.
I've fixed the problem with zero team's sample clock.
Regarding Kaillera, getting analogs to work properly is on my todo list, I'll post back here when more stuff gets fixed!

best regards,
- dink
Thank you for fixing Zero Team. Also, thanks for looking into the analog input situation.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #2464 on: May 31, 2022, 12:38:54 AM »
Thank you for fixing Zero Team. Also, thanks for looking into the analog input situation.

You're welcome

For Kaillera: Analog inputs are fixed now, so far I only tested with centipede (2player version), SegaSonic the Hedgehog, and Laser Ghost.
Laser Ghost is a bit of a pain to get going, but it will work.  Guns will need to be calibrated @ start because with Kaillera - the games' nvram doesn't get saved or loaded.  It has to be done this way to prevent desynchs.

p.s. gotta love what Sonic says when he gets hurt :)

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 01:14:13 AM by dink »

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #2465 on: May 31, 2022, 07:17:12 AM »
ClessxAlghazanth, of course!  I'll have to go with the Sept.1.2019 version, (latest one available by the author)

best regards,
- dink

Wow , thanks a ton for your kindness , dink  :smilie:

Looking forward to it :cool:

Offline Nick Reynolds

• Newbies
« Reply #2466 on: June 02, 2022, 11:58:43 PM »
You're welcome

For Kaillera: Analog inputs are fixed now, so far I only tested with centipede (2player version), SegaSonic the Hedgehog, and Laser Ghost.
Laser Ghost is a bit of a pain to get going, but it will work.  Guns will need to be calibrated @ start because with Kaillera - the games' nvram doesn't get saved or loaded.  It has to be done this way to prevent desynchs.

p.s. gotta love what Sonic says when he gets hurt :)

best regards,
- dink
Thank you very much. I was able to play through Laser Ghost 3p and it worked without any problems. The only other game I have tested so far is Lethal Enforcers, but it also worked.

Edit:
Hello again. I hope I'm not being too much of an annoyance, but I realized that there is a problem with the sprites on Zero Team, which isn't a problem on Zero Team 2000. Comparison images are here. https://imgur.com/c5JmE1m https://imgur.com/nMHWOwG
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 11:45:49 PM by Nick Reynolds »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #2467 on: June 06, 2022, 06:15:03 PM »
Hi Nick Reynolds,
You're welcome, I'm glad it worked!
Regarding Zero Team: this game has unemulated protections (Look at the Notes: field), and due to this there are several issues in the game, including the sprite priority problem.  Zero Team 2000 and New Zero Team are working perfectly though.

best regards,
- dink

Offline geese howard

« Reply #2468 on: June 14, 2022, 04:53:50 PM »
Fom the latest changelog, what is "sys16 wip"?

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #2469 on: June 14, 2022, 11:18:07 PM »
geese howard, just working on modernizing a few things, it's part of the previous commit for the same file.

best regards,
- dink

Offline windale

« Reply #2470 on: June 15, 2022, 12:19:19 PM »
This is almost my favourite Arcade emulator! I see you added 'Marble Madness II' but there's still no 'Marble Madness' ? Are there any plans to add these drivers -

atarisy1
atarisy2
leland

Some classic games on those!

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #2471 on: June 15, 2022, 12:26:53 PM »
windale, yes, they will be added some day :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline INVICTA

« Reply #2472 on: June 16, 2022, 06:12:26 AM »
Lately, I am enjoying the sweet Cave CV1000 goodness all thanks to your endeavours. But playing Mushihimesama again has made be cognizant towards the pertinence of auto/rapid fire function. I know it is frontend thing but can I politely request the inclusion of auto/rapid fire in FB Neo core options. I cannot for the life of me get the RA frontend turbo fire option to work with the touchscreen input (I use RA Android).

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #2473 on: June 22, 2022, 08:32:13 PM »
Hi INVICTA,
Any luck finding the autofire option in RetroArch?

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #2474 on: June 22, 2022, 11:13:27 PM »
Hi friends & fans of fbneo, here's a little rundown of what's happening over the past couple weeks:

Added SlowMo T.A. feature for slowing down framerate of games, compatible with recording, re-recording(states while recording) :)
Access via Game -> SlowMo, and/or set up keys in the inputs editor

Fixed rounding error in the CPU Speed selector, bug thanks to el_rika for finding this problem!  Also super big thanks to el_rika for continuously working with me to improve things :)

NBeing added support to lua scripting to hook memory maps and pc on 68k

Fixed bug in win-ui: if a state is loaded which loads a game - cheats would be disabled for that game. 

Trackball driver (aka general dial/wheel/paddle driver): improved synchronization (states, replay, netplay)

System 16*-18, standardized inputs, modernized frame loops a bit

Kaillera, add support for analog inputs

Taito F2, standardized inputs (for kaillera netplay support)

5 years ago I made a nice anti-click hack for k054539 Games like moo mesa, violent storm, mystic warriors, ... would make a nasty click or popping noise at the end of any sample, like a punch sound. or character dialog.  SaxxonPike took things a step further and came up with the proper dpcm table for the chip, which gets rid of the pops and clicks without any sort of hack.  very nice.  Upgraded to his method, of course! :)

Fixed the "unable to go fullscreen" error message, finally.  Wow, that looked bad for so long :P

iq_132 Added Varia Metal to the Metro HW driver, so we finally got rid of the old buggy "varia metal" driver.

barbudreadmon improved the gun inputs for Cyber Tank, and added ability to set coordinate extents to the gun driver.

supernova driver got some little fixups: better paddle inputs for vs block breaker/saru kani and proper music looping for Sengeki Striker and Puzzloop.

taoenwen did nice improvements to IPS patching

Gab75 constantly doing great work keeping our consoles section up-to-date :)

cjom adds support for Cheats along with other nice game/menu improvements for the SDL2 version of fbneo

bye for now & best regards,
- dink