Author Topic: controller mapping issue :(  (Read 18164 times)

Offline GLiTcH

controller mapping issue :(
« on: January 02, 2008, 12:37:20 AM »
i decide to post this here using fba enhanced btw
i did what was explained here for custom controller input:
http://www.ojko.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=835
what i did was load sf2 turbo, set all my buttons. did the custom ini thing on fba enhanced. i figured it went on config/preset folder. then i loaded sf2 champion edition ( cool it worked).
after that i loaded avp and thats where the problem lies. not just on avp but other roms that dont use the 6 button layout(8 if you count x3 buttons). the directional pad n the start/coins buttons are set right, except i have to input the attack/jump/ fire buttons.
i tried avp, cad n dino , n some neogeo games same problems...
is there a way to have a custom ini for each system?
takes to long to set up each game's buttons, or is there a step i'm missing..
i know kawaks has this option, i just load a cps1/cps2 or neo game n set setting n that saves it for all games.
on another note, when i go to the controller mapping window i see that its set to controller two by default
when i change the fba.ini like this it fixes it
// Player default controls, number is the index of the configuration in the input dialog
nPlayerDefaultControls[0] 15
szPlayerDefaultIni[0] config\presets\custom.ini
nPlayerDefaultControls[1] 15
szPlayerDefaultIni[1] config\presets\custom.ini
nPlayerDefaultControls[2] 15
szPlayerDefaultIni[2] config\presets\custom.ini
nPlayerDefaultControls[3] 15
szPlayerDefaultIni[3] config\presets\custom.ini

default player 2

player 1 custom ini, missing control mapping

thanks

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
Re: controller mapping issue :(
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 02:03:13 AM »
i decide to post this here using fba enhanced btw
i did what was explained here for custom controller input:
http://www.ojko.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=835
what i did was load sf2 turbo, set all my buttons. did the custom ini thing on fba enhanced. i figured it went on config/preset folder. then i loaded sf2 champion edition ( cool it worked).
after that i loaded avp and thats where the problem lies. not just on avp but other roms that dont use the 6 button layout(8 if you count x3 buttons). the directional pad n the start/coins buttons are set right, except i have to input the attack/jump/ fire buttons.
i tried avp, cad n dino , n some neogeo games same problems...
is there a way to have a custom ini for each system?
takes to long to set up each game's buttons, or is there a step i'm missing..
i know kawaks has this option, i just load a cps1/cps2 or neo game n set setting n that saves it for all games.
on another note, when i go to the controller mapping window i see that its set to controller two by default
when i change the fba.ini like this it fixes it
// Player default controls, number is the index of the configuration in the input dialog
nPlayerDefaultControls[0] 15
szPlayerDefaultIni[0] config\presets\custom.ini
nPlayerDefaultControls[1] 15
szPlayerDefaultIni[1] config\presets\custom.ini
nPlayerDefaultControls[2] 15
szPlayerDefaultIni[2] config\presets\custom.ini
nPlayerDefaultControls[3] 15
szPlayerDefaultIni[3] config\presets\custom.ini

default player 2

player 1 custom ini, missing control mapping

thanks

Hi there!, it was good that you posted this like I told you via PM so if others have the same issue they can know about any fix we may find for this issue.

Analyzing the problem:

Ok first of all, I was testing the 'preset' feature in FBA and is really f***d up, it is not so user friendly at all. I found out how to load your presets just fine BUT when they automatically load on each game they will not map all the inputs, and like you said it is not mapping the coin / start buttons.

Getting the presets to work correctly with some work:

Since I have to study the coding of the latest official FBA to try and fix this issue, I will tell you how you can get the presets working fine with a little of work from the user part.

1. Go to a game like 'sf2' and map ALL the inputs 'Player 1' and 'Player 2' with the configuration you will use for CPS fighting games 'x3 Punch' and 'x3 Kicks' too.
2. Click OK and close FBA.
3. Go to config\games\ and Copy 'sf2.ini' to the Clipboard.
4. Go to config\presets\ and Paste 'sf2.ini' from the Clipboard.
5. Rename the 'sf2.ini' to 'cps_fighting.ini'.
6. Open the 'cps_fighting.ini' in notepad and replace the very first line with this "// FB Alpha Enhanced R11 v0.2.96.72 --- Preset Config File for CPS Fighting Games"
7. Rename your actual 'config\games' directory like 'games_' just so you can test the presets.
8. Update your fba.ini with this...

// --- miscellaneous ---------------------------------------------------------

nPlayerDefaultControls[0] 34
szPlayerDefaultIni[0] presets\cps_fighting.ini
nPlayerDefaultControls[1] 34
szPlayerDefaultIni[1] presets\cps_fighting.ini
nPlayerDefaultControls[2] 34
szPlayerDefaultIni[2] presets\cps_fighting.ini
nPlayerDefaultControls[3] 34
szPlayerDefaultIni[3] presets\cps_fighting.ini

NOTE: That "34" is the number of inputs to be loaded as far as i understood in the little time I studied the code. Just leave it like that for now.

9. Open FBA and load 'sf2'
10. Go to Input Map dialog and IGNORE the configuration you will see loaded, it's f****d up because something in the coding lol, just look down on the dialog and in the white boxes Click the first one and select 'Player 1', now as you can see the other white box at the right is enabled, so click on the second white box and select 'cps_fighting' and finally click the 'Use Preset' button.

11. Now repeat the last step but with 'Player 2' selected in the first white box.
12. Finish!, Enjoy!.

That's pretty much the first time but when you have the preset done it's not that much. Anyway I will be studing the FBA preset code for handling that stuff to see if I can fix the issue. I dont promise anything =).

I hope this helps not only you but others too ^^

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline GLiTcH

Re: controller mapping issue :(
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 11:00:35 AM »
thanks for the reply cap. i know fba on xbox does the preset thing for each system, maybe that might help you finding an answer. + T + released his fba xxx pro source for xbox, if you want i'll look for it n post it here.