Author Topic: FB Alpha Erotic / Adult games list  (Read 4955 times)

Offline C4lculated

FB Alpha Erotic / Adult games list
« on: November 22, 2021, 02:27:22 PM »
Greetings. I hope I'm in the right place.
I'll get right to the point: I bought a handheld gaming console called an "RS-97" with "6000 included games" for my niblings, they are 7 and 5 years of age. Granted, most of the included ROMs are for the NES / SNES / GG /Genesis etc. but almost 500 ROMs are included for FBA (version 0.2.97.35 for OpenDinguX).

While trying to figure out how to work this console (I am not a gamer myself) I've stumbled upon some games which are not suitable for children. Namely:
Fantasia
Fantasia II (Explicit)
Gals Panic

I assume there are more, and I would like to remove every adult game from the console but I really don't have the time to check each and every one.
My question is: Is there a list of adult games for FBAlpha / FBNeo somewhere? It will greatly assist me in making this console safe.
If it's any help, here is a link to all the FBA ROMs on the device:
https://pastebin.com/xknRjmuD

Thanks in advance.

Offline Stifu

Re: FB Alpha Erotic / Adult games list
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 02:44:18 PM »
I don't mean to start something, but you paid for a product that bundles FBA illegally, then ask for support from the developers who did not get a single cent from your purchase. Imagine how they must feel about this.

Offline C4lculated

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 02:55:49 PM »
I would imagine that they feel no animosity toward me or my question. But I'm no expert on this subject so I might be wrong.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 03:47:40 PM »
There's a batch file that should delete all of the adult roms as long as they're in the "roms" subdirectory.
Here's the batch file, attached to this message:

p.s. you can edit the subdirectory if it happens to be different than "roms", look for "cd roms'

best regards,
- dink

Offline C4lculated

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 05:52:15 PM »
Many thanks dink! Unfortunately, it looks like this batch file removes many non-mature games as well, E.G. the Goldenaxe and Metal Slug games as well as others.
Here is the list of games removed with DELETER:
https://pastebin.com/9gdjiheJ

However, poking inside the batch file shows it is intended to work with MAME files, not FBA.
Prior to posting this thread I googled for ways to remove mature ROMs from FBA and found some helpful results, but they were all regarding MAME and not FBA, like this post, for example:
https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/18692/removing-hiding-adult-games
I assumed the ROM file names differ from MAME to FBA. Also, I assumed that FBA has games which are not emulated by MAME.

However, if, as I now suspect, both of these assumptions were incorrect, then I can use the removal methods I found for MAME. For example, I found the file mature.ini here:
https://www.progettosnaps.net/catver/
So I just added all the ROM files in it to a batch file with a "del" command and the resulting files that were removed seem to be actually all mature games. Here is the list of games removed with mature.ini del.bat:
https://pastebin.com/WBxnu9My

I attached the batch file to this post.
But now my question is, were both of my previous assumptions wrong? Are the MAME and FBA file names all identical?

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 08:31:03 PM »
The arcade game roms share the same names, so the scripts for mame will work just fine.
Sorry about that script deleting a few good games, someone posted it to this forum a while back and I didn't really look at it other than a quick perusal to make sure it didn't contain malevolent code.  Thanks for sharing the removal script you put together.

best regards,
- dink

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 05:05:49 AM »
I would imagine that they feel no animosity toward me or my question. But I'm no expert on this subject so I might be wrong.

How would you feel if someone stole something from you, sold it, then the guy who bought it would contact you for customer support ?
Ok, i suppose you didn't know buying this emulator was against our license, so i don't feel any animosity towards this. I suppose you didn't know either that buying roms is illegal ? :rolleyes:

@dink you really are the kindest person i know !

Offline KaNyErO

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 01:15:42 PM »
Hi

Maybe an option in the .ini file that could allow +18 games to be hidden would be a nice addition (not sure if it the option is there yet)

hidematuregames=yes

So in this way we could hide +18 games from the frontend without deleting them from a full romset.

Offline Stifu

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 02:37:59 PM »
Hi

Maybe an option in the .ini file that could allow +18 games to be hidden would be a nice addition (not sure if it the option is there yet)

hidematuregames=yes

So in this way we could hide +18 games from the frontend without deleting them from a full romset.

Then again, what is or is not a mature game is very subjective.